GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Any Track Rats Still Active?

Roadrunner_GTI

Drag Racing Champion
I am running G-Loc G12s on the TTRS, of course it's not a DD but I take it to work a couple times a month.

Been thinking about getting a sticker made that says "Breaks squeak.......because racecar"

Same, G-loc R12 on the fronts and the few times a week I drive it you definitely get some looks. “Yes it’s supposed to make that noise.” 😂

I’ve got a set of GS1 pads that I’ll swap over to once track season ends. But that’s more to save my track pads rather than noise related.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
Had a great weekend shaking the car down at laguca seca. Tried to stay at 7/10 the whole day and work on consistency. Pretty happy with my consistent laps! Didn’t beat my PR but it’s nice drive with a margin of safety vs going balls to the wall and off track XD.

Got to save my tires for buttonwillow next week. I usually bring a canopy to events but tried a half tent this time. It was sweet being able to lay down in between session.

keep em coming mk6 friends

Attachments

• BED9E443-D8AD-43F9-ADCD-6864776422E0.jpeg
    BED9E443-D8AD-43F9-ADCD-6864776422E0.jpeg
    307.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 12D8FB70-8FF9-49BD-9C9E-163A6EAE8AE0.jpeg
    12D8FB70-8FF9-49BD-9C9E-163A6EAE8AE0.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 126

zef

Drag Racing Champion
With the 2 year rule freeze now over and the 2021 proposed rule changes are posted for the SCCA TT series, there's basically been a shit storm of controversy... they want to add aero to Tuner (which was supposed to be a direct crossover from street touring) and allow dual element wings, among other things, in Max.

They're also adding more classes to Max, so I'll still be in Max 3, but with the bump in allowed displacement, it's going to get a lot more competitive...

At this point I'm just gonna build the car the way I originally planned...I still want to compete in Max, but if these rule changes get approved, everyone is going to have to totally revamp their aero to max out the new rule changes...

At this point I am just going to buy a MK7 wing mount kit and pray it fits. Literally nobody (aerofabb, backyardcivic, etc) has any plans of making a kit specific to the mk6, so I'll just have to get a MK7 kit to work.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
With the 2 year rule freeze now over and the 2021 proposed rule changes are posted for the SCCA TT series, there's basically been a shit storm of controversy... they want to add aero to Tuner (which was supposed to be a direct crossover from street touring) and allow dual element wings, among other things, in Max.

They're also adding more classes to Max, so I'll still be in Max 3, but with the bump in allowed displacement, it's going to get a lot more competitive...

At this point I'm just gonna build the car the way I originally planned...I still want to compete in Max, but if these rule changes get approved, everyone is going to have to totally revamp their aero to max out the new rule changes...

At this point I am just going to buy a MK7 wing mount kit and pray it fits. Literally nobody (aerofabb, backyardcivic, etc) has any plans of making a kit specific to the mk6, so I'll just have to get a MK7 kit to work.
A backyard civic wing from a mk5 will fit the mk6. My buddy has one and we test fitted on my mk6 before installing it on his.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
A backyard civic wing from a mk5 will fit the mk6. My buddy has one and we test fitted on my mk6 before installing it on his.

The brackets and everything?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Last weekend was the last track sessions of the year here (I run with NASA), took the TTRS out because the R needs some off season projects before I put it back on track. The shake down session I took it to a couple months back was not satisfactory.

The TTRS was stupid fast as always but I still can't max it out in corners, I'm blaming that on my inexperience with the track here (just moved a year ago and only been on this track 3 times, and never in the configurations they had this weekend). I did pull 1.3g in the corners though. A couple times I had to let one of the GT2s and the GT4RS that was out there pass me on the last corner into the main straight but then I could stick on their rear bumper until the first corner.

I did have some issues the second day rolling out into the main straight, at first I thought it was traction control from tipping into full throttle too early but it happened twice in a row with the wheels 100% straight. The car just dumped power coming out of the corner in 3rd, the rev counter flashed red blocks (this is the Audi Digital Cockpit) and if I let off it would come back. If I went into 4th early, at around 4500RPM it wouldn't happen and I had full throttle and power in 4th all the way up. Haven't scanned for codes yet, no CELs but seemed similar to the overtorque error I got when I lived in CO when the E85 tune was new. APR got a fix for us altitude guys, but this is in KS 945ft above sea level. I was low on fuel, down to the last bar so ended up just heading home early even though I had some extra ethanol with me. It was bitterly cold, 40 degrees and it was a 3 hour drive home. Just tossed it back on the trailer and got going early.

Looking forward to next year and settling into the R as my track car and learning the track at Heartland Motorsports.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
Last weekend was the last track sessions of the year here (I run with NASA), took the TTRS out because the R needs some off season projects before I put it back on track. The shake down session I took it to a couple months back was not satisfactory.

The TTRS was stupid fast as always but I still can't max it out in corners, I'm blaming that on my inexperience with the track here (just moved a year ago and only been on this track 3 times, and never in the configurations they had this weekend). I did pull 1.3g in the corners though. A couple times I had to let one of the GT2s and the GT4RS that was out there pass me on the last corner into the main straight but then I could stick on their rear bumper until the first corner.

I did have some issues the second day rolling out into the main straight, at first I thought it was traction control from tipping into full throttle too early but it happened twice in a row with the wheels 100% straight. The car just dumped power coming out of the corner in 3rd, the rev counter flashed red blocks (this is the Audi Digital Cockpit) and if I let off it would come back. If I went into 4th early, at around 4500RPM it wouldn't happen and I had full throttle and power in 4th all the way up. Haven't scanned for codes yet, no CELs but seemed similar to the overtorque error I got when I lived in CO when the E85 tune was new. APR got a fix for us altitude guys, but this is in KS 945ft above sea level. I was low on fuel, down to the last bar so ended up just heading home early even though I had some extra ethanol with me. It was bitterly cold, 40 degrees and it was a 3 hour drive home. Just tossed it back on the trailer and got going early.

Looking forward to next year and settling into the R as my track car and learning the track at Heartland Motorsports.

You need to go to verkline and simply 'add all to cart' haha.

Does the TTRS have a torsen diff like the RS3 or did they stick it with haldex?

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Does the TTRS have a torsen diff like the RS3 or did they stick it with haldex?

As far as I know it uses Haldex but then I had never heard the RS3 did not have Haldex, it's the same platform on the MQB with transverse mount. Why and how would they put torsen in the RS3 but not the TTRS?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
As far as I know it uses Haldex but then I had never heard the RS3 did not have Haldex, it's the same platform on the MQB with transverse mount. Why and how would they put torsen in the RS3 but not the TTRS?

I swore I heard that the RS3 had a torsen...Maybe I am confusing that with the S4.

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I swore I heard that the RS3 had a torsen...Maybe I am confusing that with the S4.

Yeah, S4 is longitudinal layout and I know the B8/8.5 had torsen, assume they kept it for B9.

Reactions: zef

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie

Time for some new tires mk6 fam... I got some Falken RT660's waiting to be mounted.

My Hawk HPS 5.0 rear brake pads have lasted 5 years somehow - but it's finally time to replace em.. Will probably see what the lead time on some Carbotech XP8 for rears are as I've been running XP10 on the fronts for the past few years.

MrFancypants

Autocross Champion

Time for some new tires mk6 fam... I got some Falken RT660's waiting to be mounted.

My Hawk HPS 5.0 rear brake pads have lasted 5 years somehow - but it's finally time to replace em.. Will probably see what the lead time on some Carbotech XP8 for rears are as I've been running XP10 on the fronts for the past few years.
What have you done to your supension?

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
What have you done to your supension?
Currently on AST 4100 coilovers (350lb front/250lb rear - prob too soft but that's what they came with), and a whiteline rear sway bar on medium. My ride height is probably a bit too low because I'm rubbing quite a bit on the fronts on hard corners. For alignment I ran zero toe in the rear for a year or two but now I'm back to factory spec alignment (I believe it's +0.1 front and rear). Car has existed at this level for a few years.. the next step would be camber plates and such but I haven't felt like spending more money on mods.. rather just have more seat time and keep playing around with different tire compound