GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anybody in Jax, FL?

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
What up y'all... I'm in Jax - just bought a 2012 GSG last Friday at O'Steen. The car is so sick, it's my first vdub. I need to take it in for the wastegate rattle fix though.

I'd love to make it out to one of the meets or go cruising.

Eddy

Good stuff man :w00t:!

BTW I live a few miles from O'Steen, got my car from York.

Are you going up to SOWO?

fasteddy

Ready to race!
Hey, thanks bro.

I also live a few miles from O'steen, in Timberland Parc (near Target on Southside).

I just looked up SOWO - looks sweet!!! I think yes, I could attend that!

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
Hey, thanks bro.

I also live a few miles from O'steen, in Timberland Parc (near Target on Southside).

I just looked up SOWO - looks sweet!!! I think yes, I could attend that!

That's close, Paradise Island here.

We gotta hang out sometime and find these dang local dub meets :thumbup:

I have never been to SoWo but have been to Helen, Ga where its held... Excellent scenery up there for cruising. I think the have a SoWo cruise up there too.
I just gotta see if I can swing some leave to make it :yikes:

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
I've only seen 3 MK6 GTI's other than mine in Jax... 1 on southside (CSG IIRC), 1 Fleming Island (CSG), 1 on the way to NAS Jax (UG, not military).

There is a sweet orange MK4 @ Fleming Island too. And a R32 (mine was totaled, miss it :().

DREKO

Passed Driver's Ed
Im in Argyle with a 2011 candy white four door. But yeah I havent seen that many MKVI's in Jax.

fasteddy

Ready to race!
Haha - it's funny... The day after I bought mine I drove down to Fruit Cove and saw my exact same car. I don't know if they live out there though, my bro mentioned it had out of state plates.

I don't think I've seen any other MK6s aside from that one and mine.

Sounds good man... lets hook up and hit some of these meets!

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
lol, I usually drive down Philips Hwy (US 1) and Southside Blvd. because that is where I work/live around. Black Mk6 Golf that everyone else mistakes for a GTI :laugh: Kind of can't miss me ;)

SOWO is a most def worth show to go to. It's basically a big meet in a really cool town and a lot of really fun people. :thumbsup:

I haven't been out to too many meets lately because of work, but since the holiday season is winding down, I should be out there to most of them.

Charlie22911

Ready to race!
lol, I usually drive down Philips Hwy (US 1) and Southside Blvd. because that is where I work/live around. Black Mk6 Golf that everyone else mistakes for a GTI :laugh: Kind of can't miss me ;)

SOWO is a most def worth show to go to. It's basically a big meet in a really cool town and a lot of really fun people. :thumbsup:

I haven't been out to too many meets lately because of work, but since the holiday season is winding down, I should be out there to most of them.

That may have been you I've seen, wasn't sure if CSG or Black :rolleyes:

EDIT:

Yup, definitely seen this in passing. Looks good!

Last edited:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
No worries man. She has been dirty for a little while because of working all the time, so she has probably turned into a CSG because of it :laugh:

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man :thumbsup:

Hopefully after this weekend she'll be back to black (doing a full detail to her this weekend) :yikes:

fasteddy

Ready to race!
sick ride dragon!

NEW2FAST

Passed Driver's Ed
I too am in Jax but have not made a meet yet... Working nights in the ER makes it tough to make these meets.. But we are def going to SOWO and i plan on making this tue night meet!!!

dragon69185

Go Kart Champion
Unfortunately, I work all the nights the meets are this week (other than the one on Beach Blvd. this Saturday). Also, this saturday is Cars and Coffee (every 2nd Saturday of every month) at Wild Wing Cafe in Tinseltown at 9am. I should be up there barring anything coming up.

*edit* - can't do Saturday night because of UFC 142/friend's birthday party.

Last edited:

JaxMK6Fan

New GTI driver in town

Add me to the list of new VW owners in town. This is my first one and I totally love it!! Now let the mod's begin.....