GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else doing the Keto Diet?

chip1

Ready to race!
My coworker is doing this and lost 20 lbs over the past month. I have been thinking of doing this but see it being hard to give up a lot of foods/beer.

Anyone have good links w/ meal plans they follow?

Good links on key foods not to eat etc.

Thanks

Chad

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
foods not to eat.
Everything delicious.
LOL JK

No bread, no pasta, no beer, no soda/fruit drinks(Water is your only friend). No Rice, no sweets, no pastries. Anything with carbs/sugar gone.

You can make a lot of alternative things. I make "fat bombs" which are like peanut butter cups with cocoa powder, coconut oil, and peanut butter(or almond butter). I sometimes add swerve(think sugar but not bad for your blood sugar).

I dont really meal prep but im trying to at least meal prep all my lunchs now. It just makes it 10 times easier if you already have something to eat instead of trying to see where to go and what to eat.

That being said its not that hard.. if you really need to you can go to burger king or mcdonalds and get a cheese burger without the bun for a low carb meal.

I googled a bunch of places that offer low carb alternatives and chipotles salad is not that bad. 5 guys/in and out both offer lettuce wrap burgers instead of buns.. jimmy jonhs does the "unwich" which is a lettuce wrap.

or you can meal prep a few recipes and eat them throughout the week. Thats what im gonna be doing for lunch for the most part.

Like my new meal prep for this week will be salmon fillets with with a cup of broccoli and shredded cheese on the broccoli. Ill also probably make a few open face burgers by putting it in a tupper wear on a bed of lettuce with some pickles and cheese and maybe a slice of tomoato.

You gotta be careful with veggies too a lot of them have carbs and high sugar.
Pretty much no fruit in this diet either due to all the sugar.

ruled.me is a good website for some recipes and tricks/tips i dont download any of their stuff but you can freely browse their entire website and look at recipes and articles to get a better understanding.

I dont see myself doing this diet for more than 2 months. but by 2 months i should be at my goal or past it.

Joveen

Ready to race!
You want to go up on the calories a tab bro. Don't want to drop to much weight too quickly.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Drink flavored water.

yeah i think he was more in the idea of beer substitute

All i drink is water. I have bought a few publix water enhancers along with mio and they do taste really good but i wouldnt do to much. keep to the 8-16oz at a time with regular water in between. I drank to much fruit punch water enhancer once(like an entire liter worth) plus a couple glasses here and there and man did i have the "Rocket S**ts" if you know what i mean.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Hahaha. Ik man. Just keep a gallon of water with you.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Don't know how I missed this thread! I've been doing it for a few months now. It's awesome.

Even once I hit goal wait I plan on staying on it. No cravings, no bad eating habits. WAYY more energy, more focus, the list goes on beyond just weight loss benefits. I discovered keto from the r/keto, and there is tonnns of good information in the sidebar there.

Edit: Also recently I started taking a multivitamin, in addition to a standalone potassium vitamin and a magnesium one as well. Helped a LOT. Also I'm going to list this documentary / movie you guys should definitely check out. Good to show people you are introducing / telling about it. Tons of good information here as well.

https://youtu.be/evcNPfZlrZs

Although i will admit the change in diet has been hard. so many foods i enjoy have way to many carbs in them.

Stick with it and this will vanish. Soda just tastes like sugar water to me now, carbs make me feel like complete shit for days, and in general sugar loaded foods are just NOT appealing whatsoever. Your taste buds and brain chemistry will literally change after a while.

A mistake I see a lot of people make (& I have made too) is eating too much protein & not enough fat. Keep your fat content way up if you want to see progress.
This is the hardest part for me. Your body converts excess protein into glucose. I definitely eat too much protein some days.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Don't know how I missed this thread! I've been doing it for a few months now. It's awesome.

Even once I hit goal wait I plan on staying on it. No cravings, no bad eating habits. WAYY more energy, more focus, the list goes on beyond just weight loss benefits. I discovered keto from the r/keto, and there is tonnns of good information in the sidebar there.

Edit: Also recently I started taking a multivitamin, in addition to a standalone potassium vitamin and a magnesium one as well. Helped a LOT. Also I'm going to list this documentary / movie you guys should definitely check out. Good to show people you are introducing / telling about it. Tons of good information here as well.

https://youtu.be/evcNPfZlrZs

Stick with it and this will vanish. Soda just tastes like sugar water to me now, carbs make me feel like complete shit for days, and in general sugar loaded foods are just NOT appealing whatsoever. Your taste buds and brain chemistry will literally change after a while.

This is the hardest part for me. Your body converts excess protein into glucose. I definitely eat too much protein some days.

Yeah i always make sure my fat outnumbers my protien. However i do lift quite regularly now so my protein might be a little higher then others. My goal for macros is 150 fat 100-110 protein and <20 carbs.

While were all here why dont we say our start weight and our initial goal weight.

My start weight was 236.6lbs and my goal is 195lbs(i want to be under 200 lol). Now once i hit that range i may continue down to 180lbs but for now my goal is to consistently show bellow 200lbs.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
speaking of the morning i weighed in at 217lbs. Im almost 20lbs down.

Joveen

Ready to race!
Awesome. Keep the logs coming. I'm not on the diet. But I'll share my goals. I was at 240 and now 236 from last week. I have mostly a mesomorphic body type so putting on muscle relatively easy. But gaining fat if I don't watch myself can be just as bad. With upside of that I can easily lose it too lol.

Any ways. My goal is 190 but my family think it would be too nasty. But we'll see. Also I want to do the bodybuilding.com transformation challenge at the top year for 2018. Grand prize is $100k.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome. Keep the logs coming. I'm not on the diet. But I'll share my goals. I was at 240 and now 236 from last week. I have mostly a mesomorphic body type so putting on muscle relatively easy. But gaining fat if I don't watch myself can be just as bad. With upside of that I can easily lose it too lol.

Any ways. My goal is 190 but my family think it would be too nasty. But we'll see. Also I want to do the bodybuilding.com transformation challenge at the top year for 2018. Grand prize is $100k.

hmm i didn't see that transformation challenge but ill look at it.
I only plan to do this diet for a couple months and then ill go to just a more moderate diet to maintain weight.