GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone else doing the Keto Diet?

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
whats everyone's progress? I was 213 this morning.

Down another 3 pounds since last week! I hit a lean 133 this morning, which feels nice. I have been using keto for fat loss and not really weight loss, I try to stick around 130, maybe 135 depending. But my trip to Alaska threw that off a lot, even with the 4 day backpacking trip I easily made up for that deficit with carbs and beer in only a couple of days and came home around 140... Oops! Luckily, I was well adapted before I left for Alaska, so I've not had much trouble getting back to ketosis on a regular basis since I've been home.

I haven't had time to make it to the gym in the last few weeks so I know my squat and dead lifts are going to suffer and I'm going to feel like a toddler trying to move my dad's things when I do get back to the gym - hopefully the end of this week or beginning of next. Thankfully Cirilla still has the stock clutch, makes shifting around leg day much easier :D

Maintenance macros of ~1450 kcal (117g fat, 94g protein, 20g carbs or less), ish.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Down another 3 pounds since last week! I hit a lean 133 this morning, which feels nice. I have been using keto for fat loss and not really weight loss, I try to stick around 130, maybe 135 depending. But my trip to Alaska threw that off a lot, even with the 4 day backpacking trip I easily made up for that deficit with carbs and beer in only a couple of days and came home around 140... Oops! Luckily, I was well adapted before I left for Alaska, so I've not had much trouble getting back to ketosis on a regular basis since I've been home.

I haven't had time to make it to the gym in the last few weeks so I know my squat and dead lifts are going to suffer and I'm going to feel like a toddler trying to move my dad's things when I do get back to the gym - hopefully the end of this week or beginning of next. Thankfully Cirilla still has the stock clutch, makes shifting around leg day much easier :D

Maintenance macros of ~1450 kcal (117g fat, 94g protein, 20g carbs or less), ish.

Nice not bad. my goal weight is around 185lbs. So i got like another 30lbs to go. I also work out 4-5 days per week though so i feel like that is why im having a lot of weight loss.

My typical macros are around ~1900 calories (150 fat. 110 protein, 20 or less carbs).
Some days im more calories/fat/protein some days im less. But my carbs are always under 20grams usually more around 10-12 carbs.

Ive got one more week until i hit my official first month of keto and workouts. Im hoping to be under 210 which shouldn't be to big a deal that's 3-4 lbs in a week.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Starting this diet today. Hoping to cut about 20 pounds in the next 6-8 weeks

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice not bad. my goal weight is around 185lbs. So i got like another 30lbs to go. I also work out 4-5 days per week though so i feel like that is why im having a lot of weight loss.

My typical macros are around ~1900 calories (150 fat. 110 protein, 20 or less carbs).
Some days im more calories/fat/protein some days im less. But my carbs are always under 20grams usually more around 10-12 carbs.

Nice job! Over 20 pounds so far is a pretty big deal. Every 10 pounds is about .001, so keep at it. ;) What sort of workout routine do you follow?

When I do have the ability to gym regularly I will usually eat around 1600kcal so I can maintain where I am. Especially when I've been away from it for a while, I always see a nice body comp change just a couple weeks back into the routine. I typically stick to strength training 5 days a week, adding in anywhere from 2 to 3 days of cardio on top of it. I rarely spend more than 25 minutes doing cardio, usually HIIT it up for 15-20 minutes after lifting. The only time I really do much steady state is if I'm training for something in particular (like hiking in Alaska).

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Starting this diet today. Hoping to cut about 20 pounds in the next 6-8 weeks

Good luck! Meal prep has been my life saver when I am adapting and making it through the keto flu. If you plan your meals in advance you'll be able to have something handy when you get hungry

Keep us updated!

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Good luck! Meal prep has been my life saver when I am adapting and making it through the keto flu. If you plan your meals in advance you'll be able to have something handy when you get hungry

Keep us updated!

What are your staple foods really? I'm looking at a lot of salads of spinach and either chicken or shrimp and probably one low carb protein shake as a substitute meal each day.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What are your staple foods really? I'm looking at a lot of salads of spinach and either chicken or shrimp and probably one low carb protein shake as a substitute meal each day.

I live on eggs either boiled or in egg salad or fried if I have the time, tuna fish with olive oil in the packets (not cans) mixed with mayo, bacon, cheese, spinach and dinner is usually some sort of fatty meat (chicken thighs with bones and skin, ribeye or strip steak, pork chops with lots of fat, added butter), asparagus and broccoli. I have a great recipe for keto chili that's pretty damn good if you'd like.

My protein powder of choice is Dymatize ISO100, mixed with unsweetened almond milk, I'll usually have one a day immediately following the gym.

I found that I was having a hard time hitting my fat goals while keeping my protein low enough, so I tried the bulletproof coffee (hot coffee + 1tbs butter + 1tbs coconut oil +1tbs heavy cream all blended together) and that helps a LOT. It's also pretty damn delicious, once you get it out of your head that you're literally drinking butter. When it's all emulsified it's rich and creamy like a latte. :thumbsup:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

Nope well kinda. High fat food preferable. Chicken is good but more protein than fat so you would need to use a sauce thats low to no carbs and high in fat.

Beef is good, bacon, sausage, Eggs with olive oil and butter. salmon is pretty fatty too. Cheese is good too but cheese does have some carb depending on the type.

Biggest thing you can do is read labels. Also learn about net carbs over total carbs. You want under 20 net carbs. a Net carb is taking your total carbs minus fiber, sugar alcohol and other things. (although sugar alcholol can still spike your blood sugar so its best to try and aviod sugar alcholol as much as you can or limit yourself to eating only 1 thing a day that contains it like a atkins treat bar or something. The keto diet is like a hardcore version of the atkins diet.

No bread, rice, potatoes, fruits, be careful on veggies as they have a lot of carbs at times. Your basically cutting out sugar too as sugar is a big carb increase.

My breakfast this morning was 2 publix large eggs, 1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp butter, 2 sausage patties. and a bit of heavy whipping cream for eggs fluffy.
Came out to 20g protien, 1 carb, 57 fat and about 600 calories.

For lunch ill probably get the Jimmy johns vito unwhich which comes in at
20 grams protein, 7 carbs, 30 grams of fat. (or double meat for 36grams protien, 9 carbs, 40 fat).

I usually meal prep but i didnt cook last night so im having to go out for lunch and the unwhiches are pretty good (lettuce wrapped sub). I normally like to keep my carbs lower for lunch like 5 or under but it is what it is when you are buying food on the go. I like to keep 15 carbs of room for my dinner as that is usually the most carb loaded meal for me.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i made fat bombs for when im low on fat for the night and need a little boost to my macros. They look like recces peanut butter cups but are more bitter lol

They are 1 part coconut oil, 1 part cocoa powder, 1 part peanut butter/almond butter.
They come out to around 2 grams of protien, 2 grams of carb and 11 grams of fat in the size i made.

Olive oil and butter are quick and easy ways to boost fat in any meal. 1 tbsp of olive oil contains 14 grams of fat and if you get a spinich salad(with chicken or other unbreaded meats) and put on quite a bit of oilive oil with a little vinegar you can have a nice high fat meal to meet your macros.

You should be getting 70-75% of your calories from fat 15-20% from protein and ~5% from carbs.

Last edited:

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Thanks everyone I'm going to head to the store and start stocking up

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
i made fat bombs for when im low on fat for the night and need a little boost to my macros. They look like recces peanut butter cups but are more bitter lol

They are 1 part coconut oil, 1 part cocoa powder, 1 part peanut butter/almond butter.
They come out to around 2 grams of protien, 2 grams of carb and 11 grams of fat.

I made "cookie dough" fat bombs early this year. I had to forget the recipe though because I accidentally ate half of the batch in an entire sitting... So I don't make fat bombs anymore since I have the willpower of a 2 year old sometimes.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed

https://www.ruled.me/keto-recipes/

I used that as a basis for my entire keto cooking method. It's got a lot of great base recipes you can jazz up or change to fit your tastes, gives you great ideas on how to put together a keto meal, as well as being a good resource for things that you should have on hand to succeed at this.

Also, Google has been great. Good job, Google.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
check out ruled.me for recipes and stuff i made a cheeseburger soup and it was really rood. I also did a moreys wood roasted salmon with broccoli and cheese for lunches a few times.

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
check out ruled.me for recipes and stuff i made a cheeseburger soup and it was really rood. I also did a moreys wood roasted salmon with broccoli and cheese for lunches a few times.

Ha, that site is pretty great

Last edited:

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion

Dem meats are hella expensive

Lunch was 3-4 g of carbs and perfect ratio of fat to protein with the sausage