GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone Miss their Old Car or Regret buying their R/GTI/TDI/Golf?

Merkle

Banned
The Fit was the worst car I've ever had. I inherited it from my wife when we got married, and I had to spend a lot of time driving it myself when I was between cars. It was a base with automatic. What a pile. The inside was a marvel of packaging and interior design, but driving it was so painful, I couldn't get over it. The auto sucked out all the life that car could have had. I sold that for the e30 and sold the the XJ and my old MK5 for the Rubicon all around the same time.

Fit + MT = Racecar

Merkle

Banned
Since when?

Ok, you got me. I didn't have AutoX ambitions in mind specifically, I was just wanting something that was worth driving. That's one reason I got the GTI, it's kind of a middle ground between a sports car and an SUV. Now I have two cars so I can have something unpractical like the miata.

Bozz

Go Kart Champion
78 AMC Pacer*

Ok, now that is a novel machine. I always wondered how a Gremlin was different, or if it was the same car.

88 944 Turbo

944 = :cool:

Between you owning a 944 and Gunkata learning to drive stick on a 944...yeah, I wish. I learned stick on two cars, a 78 Mazda GLC and a late 80's Civic. Then I re-learned on my Golf R. heh.

85RedGolf2.5

Go Kart Champion
I was hoping I could have kept that 242 Volvo, and turn it into a Volvo 282 with a Chevy V8 or a 242 Turbo... It was a heavy car, but built solid. It ran into a tree at 15 mph and didn't leave but a scratch in the paint... Parking brake failed!

Modshack1

Go Kart Champion
78 AMC Pacer*

Aw man...I've got the plate for that too! (yeah, it's my last name...duh!)

McChris

Passed Driver's Ed
89 Ford Probe - First Car
00 Toyota Celica
88 Ford Mustang 5.0
00 BMW 323i
11 Hyundai Sonata
07 BMW 335i
12 VW GTI

I'm 27 so this is 11 yrs of driving. There are definitely days I miss the mustang. It had heads, cam, intake, stall kit, full exhaust but I don't miss the ride lol. 323i was a great car. I had that the longest. 1st manual car but never had any problems. super reliable. I do miss the 335i for the drive but don't miss the headache at all. Was in the shop almost every month. Love the GTI every day. Only real regret is I should've gone e46 M3 after the 323 but I wanted a car that had a different interior.

HyeWarrior

Banned
Love/hate relationship with this thing

E46 2 by Vatche.K, on Flickr

LOVED how it looked after I was done with it, the options it had, car was clean inside and out. Just wasn't very quick, meh on gas, and automatic. Still miss it to this day, but it was an older car and things were beginning to need replacing.