GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone read any good books lately?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Open to anything

Jeffapotamus

I haven't read it in a few years, but if you like fantasy (magic, swords, etc) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is fantastic. My only issue is it's supposed to be a trilogy. He finished the second book 10 years ago and the final book has been in final edit for several years.
If you like sci-fi I really liked Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It's another trilogy, but then he wrote two more. I would stop after the third book though. I didn't care for volumes 4 and 5 as much. Part of it was it had been a few years between 1-3 and 4-5. I had forgotten many of the characters so it was harder to pick up the story.

vwGTILife

Go Kart Newbie
I started reading 1984 by George Orwell recently.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I haven't read it in a few years, but if you like fantasy (magic, swords, etc) The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss is fantastic. My only issue is it's supposed to be a trilogy. He finished the second book 10 years ago and the final book has been in final edit for several years.
If you like sci-fi I really liked Red Rising by Pierce Brown. It's another trilogy, but then he wrote two more. I would stop after the third book though. I didn't care for volumes 4 and 5 as much. Part of it was it had been a few years between 1-3 and 4-5. I had forgotten many of the characters so it was harder to pick up the story.
Agreed on name of the wind.

Also Brent Weeks - Lightbringer & Night Angel series

Scott Lynch - anything

Brandon Sanderson - anything

People like Glen Cook, but I read them because I had started and have to finish reading anything I start, but didn't enjoy them at all. Just couldn't get close to the characters.

Daks

Autocross Champion
I bought name of the wind yesterday. I haven't read a fantasy book in over a decade. Thank you.

vbrad26

Drag Racing Champion
Just started Project Hail Mary by Andy Weir, author of The Martian.
I read his other book, Artemis and I didn't think it was that great.
But so far this new one seems better.

Also read this year that is worth mentioning:
The Midnight Library by Matt Haig
The Effort by Claire Holroyde
The Future Is Yours by Dan Frey
Ready Player Two by Ernest Cline

I'm obviously a bit of a sci-fi fan.

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
Into Thin Air by Jon Krakauer. It is older released in 1997, and is his experience of the 1996 Mt. Everest disaster. Definitely a page turner.;

@Daks, good thread; I need a good read as it has been awhile.