GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone run multiple K04 tunes???

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
As title states, anyone run different K04 tunes and can share their experience/comparison? I'm a DSG owner with a K04 sitting on the shelf debating options...

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I have a 6MT, but have run the following K04 tunes:

APR V2
Unitronic Stage 2+
APR V3.1
Stratified custom

The APR V2 was decent and quick, but wanted to see what else the car could do. The Uni was nice and linear and fast, but then I got a ride in a APR 3.1 and went back to APR. The 3.1 was not very linear. It was more of wait, wait, wait......HOLY SHIT!!! It got old after a while and decided to go with a Statified custom tune by Alex. It was really nice and linear and felt more like a modern turbo car compared to the APR 3.1 that was similar to an old 930 turbo. Alex from Stratified went through 5 revisions and then he started tuning for my w/m set up. I was very pleased with it, but wanted even more top end. So, I just went APR Stage 3 GTX and am very happy.

PM me, if you want more details.

Cheers!

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!

APR V2
Unitronic Stage 2+
APR V3.1
Stratified custom

The APR V2 was decent and quick, but wanted to see what else the car could do. The Uni was nice and linear and fast, but then I got a ride in a APR 3.1 and went back to APR. The 3.1 was not very linear. It was more of wait, wait, wait......HOLY SHIT!!! It got old after a while and decided to go with a Statified custom tune by Alex. It was really nice and linear and felt more like a modern turbo car compared to the APR 3.1 that was similar to an old 930 turbo. Alex from Stratified went through 5 revisions and then he started tuning for my w/m set up. I was very pleased with it, but wanted even more top end. So, I just went APR Stage 3 GTX and am very happy.

Cheers!

I have also ran the APR V2 and the APR 3.1 and I agree with the above observations. I think there have been enough APR customers make the same complaints about the 3.1 that APR should have made a revision by now but it seems like they just don't care.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
^ great info. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the IE tune. Would also love to hear any feedback on the Revo tune

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
^ great info. Thanks for the input.

Looking at the IE tune. Would also love to hear any feedback on the Revo tune

You bet. Have fun!

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion

APR V2
Unitronic Stage 2+
APR V3.1
Stratified custom

Cheers!

lol honestly thats the way to go. k04 got boring for me too then went GTX3 and now i love every moment of it.

Jiffyjetta

Ready to race!
Not exactly a k04, but I run the Eurodyne Maestro f23t file. I am not a fan the Maestro software, but the tune is pretty great. Driving in traffic and cruising is nice and smooth. The power is comes right away when you step on it, and holds to redline. I would think the k04 file would be very similar. IMG_20191021_193403.jpgIMG_20191021_192943.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20191021_193045.jpg
    IMG_20191021_193045.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 95

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
Thanks all. The more I read. the less I'm leaning towards the peaky v3.1 from APR. Sucks too cause its the cheapest route for me since I'm stage 2 APR and no TCU tune. Hoping someone with IE will chime in. Looking at their tune and TCU but also on the lookout for a cheap Cobb AP.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Thanks all. The more I read. the less I'm leaning towards the peaky v3.1 from APR. Sucks too cause its the cheapest route for me since I'm stage 2 APR and no TCU tune. Hoping someone with IE will chime in. Looking at their tune and TCU but also on the lookout for a cheap Cobb AP.

There’s a Cobb AP for sale for $475 on this forum.

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!

I replied earlier about the APR3.1 ( peaky) and I forgot to include that the APR3.1 tune consumes as much or more fuel at idle as it does while driving 70mph down the freeway.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
I replied earlier about the APR3.1 ( peaky) and I forgot to include that the APR3.1 tune consumes as much or more fuel at idle as it does while driving 70mph down the freeway.

I don't know about that. I've been 3.1 for over a year and haven't noticed anything wrong with my fuel other than when I get on the car. I usually don't fill up for every 2 1/2 weeks and drive everyday but I also don't drive that far to work. About 7 miles each way daily. I put a bit more on way home because I go further to gym. Still, I've never heard that about the idle issue. Could be your car?

Turbo Beetle

Ready to race!
How did you come to this conclusion?

If I leave the car at idle for 10 minutes it consumes as much or more fuel than when I drive at 70mph down the freeway for 10 minutes.

I drive daily aprox 25 mile round trip and I average aprox. 24 Mpg but most of the miles are freeway miles (20 miles).

beetlegreg

Ready to race!
I have uni stage 2+ on my Beetle runs very nice only thing it has rev hange, but its manual so with auto probably wont notice. If your a Beetle-lots of tunes are not available for it-IE, Cobb, Stratified.