GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone tried the mk7 replica headlight look?

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Okay that is pretty clean I'll admit.. atleast they are straight; my deposit r20s are like 10 degrees off either way lol.

Might be dusk shot but seems like there are hotspots and low saturation spots however. True nice projectors distribution light much more evenly, also provide a wider angle

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
For $350 no one should be expecting OEM light spread. For the price, the quality and output is 100% worth it.

JSwag420

Ready to race!
DSGVW and i have been talking via private message.
Here is a pic, riceburner, of the cutoff at dusk last night he sent me

Mine are kinda fucked, one light is slanted one direction and the other light is slanted the other direction. Very choppy looking. I'm sure it can be fixed w/ adjustments though. Same brand lights :(

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^that's my situation, no adjustments possible, i can only bring them up and down! very frustrating especially with the poor output anyway..

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Headlights isn’t bad once you’ve done it. I’ve swapped mine enough times that I can do the whole swap in like 30 mins. Don’t pull the whole bumper, just one side at a time and it’s a piece of cake.

Top tip: put a microfiber under the corner of the bumper where it meets the fender. You’ll thank me later for the lack of scratches!

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
I’ve had them for a year and a half now. 55w hid in them and aimed properly the output is unreal.

Haven’t had one issue yet, I did zip tie the hell out of the wiring birds nest though.

^^This

I have these for quite awhile and they have been perfect in every regard.. Birds nest wiring and all.. Projector light output is amazing.. Razor sharp cutoffs.. LEDs work flawlessly with bright 5000k white OEM color.. Plastic lenses are bulletproof.. Crystal clear after going thru all sorts of NYC weather.. Road salt.. 18k a year mileage.. Never fogged up once. Not one issue.. And yes I was way skeptical of these prior to I purchased.. They are awesome.. Had depo led projectors b4 these.. Wow those were such shit.. Nothing but probs.. I fully recommend these..

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
If anyone has picture proof of the light output (ime., Cutoff line against a wall) I would retract my statement. I'd love to see it.

I got some.. I took a pic of a brand new Lexus RX in front of me and my spyders.. The spyders looked way better.. Sharper brighter.. I'm using led setup in my headlights tho..

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
this was the 1st night out of box installed.. unadjusted..

Just took this to show sharp cutoff and compare to car in front of me.. brand new lexus rx350

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie

Side by side during install helix depot on right

Heres with new led bulbs and fogs on.. I am waiting for night time for cutoff and night pics..

KDOG1

Ready to race!
Going to get these next.. Been unsure on the stripe or no stripe and lower turn or turn bulb inside dual u.. Decisions decisions.. my grill is CSG currently.. Saw a modified one off eBay listing that had painted the stripe,anyone running led bulbs instead of hids with this?

how easy is it to get to the stripe? Probably ruin the lens and fog it though IDK if it's worth the risk

Lucky#Slevin

Go Kart Newbie
Going to get these next.. Been unsure on the stripe or no stripe and lower turn or turn bulb inside dual u.. Decisions decisions.. my grill is CSG currently.. Saw a modified one off eBay listing that had painted the stripe,anyone running led bulbs instead of hids with this?

how easy is it to get to the stripe? Probably ruin the lens and fog it though IDK if it's worth the risk

I'm running opt7 led bulbs in mine.. Weak cell phone camera pics but the color and brightness are perfect IMO.. I'll never run HID again..

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
guys which aftermarket headlights accept the OEM xenon bulbs/lighting system? I have an autobahn with the dynamic lighting which moves when you turn the car.

None there isn't any aftermarket lights that take d2s bulbs. Most aftermarket lights use H7 or H1 bulbs Osram are the only ones to use a different style which are d8s bulbs.