GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Stage II - intake gains?

boostllama

So I've had stage 2 on my MK6 for about a month, running flawlessly with the stock intake. I cannot find a ton of threads about Stage II with vs w/o an intake - if there is one please let me know.

At Stage II, will I see any gains with a CAI (looking at an IE CAI)? I don't have a CEL, so it's not like the stock intake is an issue (for now).

I appreciate any feedback.?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
K04 might make a difference.

I highly recommend an intake just for the added auditory pleasure.

torga

Autocross Champion
K04 might make a difference.

I highly recommend an intake just for the added auditory pleasure.
Very much this. You won't see any performance gain, but man the sound coming from an open CAI while on boost, especially if you have an upgraded diverter valve installed - that puts a smile on your face.

boostllama

Very much this. You won't see any performance gain, but man the sound coming from an open CAI while on boost, especially if you have an upgraded diverter valve installed - that puts a smile on your face.
Yeah on stock intake I can occasionally hear my DV+ and it's intoxicating. The woosh woosh noises put a smile on my face so making them louder would be awesome.

torga

Autocross Champion
Yeah on stock intake I can occasionally hear my DV+ and it's intoxicating. The woosh woosh noises put a smile on my face so making them louder would be awesome.
Louder and more consistent DV+ noises are a certainty with a CAI. Take the hood insulation off for even more noise!

tofuD01

Ready to race!
On the DV+, do you have the main spring installed? I have the pipercross/Revo foam style intake and i can hear the intake suction on throttle mostly when its cold/night and not much during the day...

torga

Autocross Champion
I do, and I also hear intake suction, but I hear it any time. I have a fairly standard intake installed - regular cone filter.