GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

Jack Isidore

Passed Driver's Ed
Doesn't look like there is a general Austin thread. I'm new to this forum and the car, sold a 2003 Audi A4 that was on it's way out and bough the GTI. This is my first brand new car and also my first manual transmission.

How many Austin members are out there?

jerm

Ready to race!
One here. Also there's about 3-4 more that usually post on these forums.

Jack Isidore

Passed Driver's Ed
One here. Also there's about 3-4 more that usually post on these forums.

Awesome. Maybe someday I'll see about one of you helping me with a VAG-COM reprogram if anyone has one. Eventually I'd like to buy one, but probably not until I'm nearly out of my warranty and I may start needing it more often for troubleshooting and reading error codes.

I'm going up to Sunbusters sometime next week to get Formula 1 Pinnacle tint. I think (hope) I had the dealership down relatively close to their bottom line and he offered ceramic tint at *their cost*. He showed me a car they just finished with Solar Guard but it looked pretty sloppy. Sunbusters it is.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
I'm here! I'm here!

There is a GTI (or general VW?) weekly meeting at the Draught House. Haven't been yet. It would be fun to meet fellow Austin GTI'ers!

Cheers!

ghotch

MKVI Owner
Another Austin GTI

Welcome...not many of us around. Haven't heard about the GTG!

Jack Isidore

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm here! I'm here!

There is a GTI (or general VW?) weekly meeting at the Draught House. Haven't been yet. It would be fun to meet fellow Austin GTI'ers!

Cheers!

I love that place, and think I've seen a few old beetles there before, maybe this meeting. Do you have the details, couldn't find anything with a quick google search on my phone.

MattTheCarNut

Ready to race!
I love that place, and think I've seen a few old beetles there before, maybe this meeting. Do you have the details, couldn't find anything with a quick google search on my phone.

I think there is more info on Vortex? Do Vortex members talk to GolfMk6 members? Just askin'.... LOL

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
I live in austin and just got my new gti on Saturday. I have yet to see another 2 door gti on the road in the past 3 weeks.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

BOBSGEN6

Passed Driver's Ed
Another Austin GTI

Got my 2010 MK6 new at Charles Maund VW. Have Autobahn pkg, 6mt, Dynaudio. Only problem in 15k miles was a/c controller going out. Just got ceramic tint at Sun Tint on Koenig LN. They've been in business 25 years in Austin and do good work. Here's a pic after tint install, just clay barred and carnuba waxed.

Attachments

• 026_rsz.jpg
    026_rsz.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 559

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Got my 2010 MK6 new at Charles Maund VW. Have Autobahn pkg, 6mt, Dynaudio. Only problem in 15k miles was a/c controller going out. Just got ceramic tint at Sun Tint on Koenig LN. They've been in business 25 years in Austin and do good work. Here's a pic after tint install, just clay barred and carnuba waxed.
Nice! Looks a lot like mine:D I've had mine for a week and also got it from Maund. 2012 with Sunroof/Conv. package and DSG. I just got my windows tinted too, at Sunbusters with Llumar ceramic. Drivergear springs go on it next week and I also ordered a Hidden Hitch for my mountain bike and kayak trailer. I'll take some more pictures of her soon. I'm still braking her in, so I haven't cut her loose yet. Soon enough, a nice drive down some curvy counrty roads will be in store for her!

BOBSGEN6

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice! Looks a lot like mine:D I've had mine for a week and also got it from Maund. 2012 with Sunroof/Conv. package and DSG. I just got my windows tinted too, at Sunbusters with Llumar ceramic. Drivergear springs go on it next week and I also ordered a Hidden Hitch for my mountain bike and kayak trailer. I'll take some more pictures of her soon. I'm still braking her in, so I haven't cut her loose yet. Soon enough, a nice drive down some curvy counrty roads will be in store for her!

Wow, looks very familier. Maybe we can get a group buy on Candy White bumper plugs for these crappy front plates Charles Maund drilled into our bumpers, now that there's no front plate law to enforce in Texas.:thumbup:

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
Wow, looks very familier. Maybe we can get a group buy on Candy White bumper plugs for these crappy front plates Charles Maund drilled into our bumpers, now that there's no front plate law to enforce in Texas.:thumbup:
When did that law change? I was pulled over in my last car maybe 6 months ago for no front plate. He gave me a warning.

BOBSGEN6

Passed Driver's Ed
When did that law change? I was pulled over in my last car maybe 6 months ago for no front plate. He gave me a warning.

It ended January 31st 2012. The law was up for renewal before it expired, and our efficient state legislature didn't get to it in time before the session was over. Now it's off the books until at least 2014 when they return to work.:lol:

mk6cruzen

Ready to race!
It ended January 31st 2012. The law was up for renewal before it expired, and our efficient state legislature didn't get to it in time before the session was over. Now it's off the books until at least 2014 when they return to work.:lol:

Nice! I may have to find some caps to plug the holes in my front bumper.

ghotch

MKVI Owner
I would be careful folks....Williamson Co Sheriff will still ticket you...A few friends of mine were ticketed by APD for no tags...just saying...