GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Austin Area Owners

Gabemon

Hi guys, I have a set of 4 Tires and Wheels, OEM. Excellent condition! Only has about 2500 miles on them, no curb rashes or dings on the wheels and excellent tread on the tires. Dunlop SP Sport 01 A/S 225/40/r18 Tires with VW 18" Serron Alloy 69943 Autobahn wheels attached. $800 for the whole set of 4 wheels with tires. Local pickup only in Austin TX. Thanks!

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey - I'm selling a DSG service kit (fluid, filter, 14mm bit) and would rather it go to someone local. If you or someone you know are in need give me a heads up. I also posted in the for sale section (http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97175).

Also, if you've got a spare anthracite gray Watkins Glen rim sitting around I'll probably buy it. Stupid rock.

AW in a VW

Ready to race!
*** Intake has been sold***

I've got a Uni intake and some red top coils for sale. Both have about 12k miles. Asking 320 for the intake and 65 for the red tops. I'm not on here much anymore so pm me if your interested in an item.

Last edited:

Dave10781

Go Kart Champion
Hey Austin/SA peeps. I'm selling a Unibrace XB for $180 picked up. You'll just need a nutsert kit from Unibrace to install. PM me if you're interested.

JayChan

Ready to race!
New to the site and to the VW world. any stage 1 intakes or catbacks for sale in the San Antonio or Austin area?

Grizza

Ready to race!
Big thanks to Tyler at the Hewlett VW Service Department for working with me on getting my intake manifold replaced under warranty.

:thumbup:

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone have any suggestions on places to repair / resurface rims? My wife curbed her Sportwagen and I'd like to avoid using somewhere that's super sketch.

On the upside, I had my build-your-own RSR clutch installed at Brink last week. Super happy with everything about how that went.

rawag77

Ready to race!
Anyone have any suggestions on places to repair / resurface rims? My wife curbed her Sportwagen and I'd like to avoid using somewhere that's super sketch.

On the upside, I had my build-your-own RSR clutch installed at Brink last week. Super happy with everything about how that went.

I can ask the guy i'm working with at Berli's. I'd think they'd use a reputable place.

Nice to hear on the clutch. I'm going through the clutch decision at the moment. Did you by any chance talk to Brink about installing an LSD?

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
I can ask the guy i'm working with at Berli's. I'd think they'd use a reputable place.

Nice to hear on the clutch. I'm going through the clutch decision at the moment. Did you by any chance talk to Brink about installing an LSD?

Awesome, much appreciated.

I didn't ask about a LSD - I considered it, but I had a pile of clutch parts hanging out and I knew they'd be there forever if I waited around for that. Unfortunately, the flywheel had to be replaced on mine so I'd advise budgeting that into whatever you do.

If you do the RSR-setup and don't already have one, install a short shifter. Perfectly matched clutch engagement and shifter feel - I ordered one two days after the clutch was done and did it in my garage.

rawag77

Ready to race!
Awesome, much appreciated.

I didn't ask about a LSD - I considered it, but I had a pile of clutch parts hanging out and I knew they'd be there forever if I waited around for that. Unfortunately, the flywheel had to be replaced on mine so I'd advise budgeting that into whatever you do.

If you do the RSR-setup and don't already have one, install a short shifter. Perfectly matched clutch engagement and shifter feel - I ordered one two days after the clutch was done and did it in my garage.

I figured if i'm paying for the labor, might as well do it all at the same time. I'm not slipping yet so i have a little time.

Yeah, I was assuming that i'd have to replace mine. I commute up and down 35/mopac. :mad0259:

Did you go with the DieselGeek?

If you don't mind sharing, where'd you source all of your RSR parts?

alltrac

Passed Driver's Ed
I figured if i'm paying for the labor, might as well do it all at the same time. I'm not slipping yet so i have a little time.
I had that same logic - if I did any track use for the car I would have.
Did you go with the DieselGeek?
I did, and it was generally easy to install and seemed high quality. Ordered at 1p on Wednesday and it was here on Thursday. They even used those water soluble packing peanuts.
If you don't mind sharing, where'd you source all of your RSR parts?

Sure! I got:

• Clutch Disc - Four Season Tuning - Sachs / VW Part # 03G-141-031-T (I believe it comes from a Euro TDI or VR6)
  • Pressure Plate - Deutsche Auto Parts - Audi/VW Part # 07K-141-015-BX - Audi TT-RS pressure plate and clutch disc. The clutch disc doesn't work, so sell it or get rid of it, whatever.
  • TOB - 1st VW Parts - 0A5-141-671-F
  • Misc Bolts - Just pull those from the RSR page and go to the dealer or order them with your TOB.
  • Fluid - Picked up at Maund to avoid shipping since it's less than a mile from my house.
  • Flywheel - I can look up the part #, but it was just the regular VW part. It was super expensive ($550+tax). There's also the Luk one that many have used, but there were a couple questions on whether it's the same FW that gave a bunch of failures on the MK V's some time back. RockAuto also has one for about $450, but I wasn't absolutely, 100% sure that it was correct. Ultimately, the extra cash I spent is insurance that the part is OEM and correct.

I'm sure it's possible to assemble a cheaper kit, but I have the benefit of knowing what parts I need if I have to replace one again (rather than a 'complete set' for the RSR), it's like stock but much firmer, and no noise/chatter/etc.