GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Tuning’s Mk6 GTI Performance Catalog

Andrew/AWE

Ready to race!
I should've probably dropped this question in here as well.

Will, I was just wondering if the S3 Turbo Outlet Pipe (without the snap ring coupler), would fit with my APR K04 and APR intercooler? It seems like the consensus is that it will but I was just figuring that someone has first hand knowledge of this with the same setup somewhere since it's so common.

Thanks,

On the turbo end, yes.

On the IC end, most likely, but I can't guarantee it. I would think that it should, given that the APR intercoolers do mate up with the stock turbo outlet pipe.

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
On the turbo end, yes.

On the IC end, most likely, but I can't guarantee it. I would think that it should, given that the APR intercoolers do mate up with the stock turbo outlet pipe.

Thanks for the response. I'm thinking it's worth a shot then.:thumbsup:

Andrew/AWE

Ready to race!
Because bigger is better. All Mk6 GTI exhausts now come with our larger 102mm tips, in Chrome Silver or Diamond Black.

coachfoxta

Passed Driver's Ed
Can you please explain if there are any differences between Stage 1 and 2 and Xplus and X2? This is throwing me for a loop. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks!

Andrew/AWE

Ready to race!
Can you please explain if there are any differences between Stage 1 and 2 and Xplus and X2? This is throwing me for a loop. I can't seem to find any info on this. Thanks!

GIAC has changed their naming of the different tune options a few times. For the Mk6.

Stage 1 = Xplus
Stage 2 = X2

Stage 2 requires at minimum a 2.5" Downpipe, this is tuned for the downpipe, and this is the difference between stage 1 and 2.

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
I'm on hand to answer any questions anyone may have about our MK6 suite, just let me know!

I've read mixed results, but will an AWE downpipe on stock tune throw a CEL. I've read no, but some people say eventually it will. I have 10K miles and not ready to get the TD1 code to deny warranty work. I was just going to buy a DP and store it until I was ready, but If I can install on stock software that would be great.

jjohns1508

Ready to race!
Another question. On your website it doesnt appear the CCB intake will fit on my 2014. It's a CCBA. can you confirm or deny this?

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
I've read mixed results, but will an AWE downpipe on stock tune throw a CEL. I've read no, but some people say eventually it will. I have 10K miles and not ready to get the TD1 code to deny warranty work. I was just going to buy a DP and store it until I was ready, but If I can install on stock software that would be great.

You should have no issues. I'm going to PM you to chat more about this.

Another question. On your website it doesnt appear the CCB intake will fit on my 2014. It's a CCBA. can you confirm or deny this?

I can confirm fitment, yes! We have updated our site.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I'm curious, the CCB doesn't show a lot of gains (or maybe you all are just more honest about your products) but what size filter does it use? What type of gains do you pick up with say a ko4 rather than the stock turbo? Any other info on temps or comparisons vs. carbonio, unitronic? Etc? Temp logs?

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
I have another question. Why do you guys play stupid when asked about your f23 file? We all know you have it. I have asked three times now, got the run around twice and no response once. You know a lot of people will be using that turbo before the ko4 soon right? Might as well make some money off the file.

greasyginzo

Go Kart Champion
It's GIACs file not AWEs and they stopped supporting the F23 so I doubt they will flash that file anymore