GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Backup/reverse camera ready?

AureliusMax

I just purchased a Golf mk6 from late 2009 and everytime I put it in reverse I can hear the logo motor and surely when I look form the back the badge flips up. But there is no camera installed. Does this mean I can purchase one of those badge units and install it plug and play? Or is this just wishful thinking? *fingers crossed*

These are the cables (besides that canbus one) that go into my RNS510:
20200624_170526.jpg
20200624_170526.jpg

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
I’m pretty sure that large black connector is the reverse camera connector. Should work on an RCD510 or an RNS. Pop off the hatch trim and see if the connectors are there tucked in somewhere. Check a camera badge unit online to see what the connectors should look like.

AureliusMax

I’m pretty sure that large black connector is the reverse camera connector. Should work on an RCD510 or an RNS. Pop off the hatch trim and see if the connectors are there tucked in somewhere. Check a camera badge unit online to see what the connectors should look like.
Thanks! On a closer inspection I even have the camera installed...but a black picture showed up on the RNS. So it must be something with the wiring or the camera itself?

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
If it wasn’t done already you need to do some coding with VCDS. Should also run a scan to see if there’s any errors.