Best exhaust sound for MK6 GTI for daily drive, no drone

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
because how could i not with that quote

its great

Q: whats the best?
A: the one exhaust ive ever owned and have any experience with obviously
Q: Compared to what?
A: you didnt specifically say compared to other exhausts bro youre triggering me

just give it time. the hurts fade. they always do.

I did. I compared it to Beluga broseph. Read the forum bro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I did. I compared it to Beluga broseph. Read the forum bro.

It triggers me when people come in with a chip on their shoulder and are super sarcastic from the get go. If you don't like the conversations ignore and move on.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Drone is different to each person. To you it may be unbearably loud to me its a mild hum..You cant say what is drone and what isnt as we all hear differently than each other.

I really liked the sound of my catback paired to the stock downpipe it made some small gurgles and pops when down low and cruising around a parking lot.. i was happy with it i went with the downpipe for the added power of a stage 2 tune but i was quite content with the sound of just my catback alone..

Yes very try, everyone perceives drones differently. Also the downpipe could be a very good option with a catback from what you've stated. Like you said certain setups aren't for everyone. I like mine and think it sounds perfect.

HetfieldInc

Ready to race!
I love my Neuspeed catback paired up to my APR downpipe. Fitment with Neuspeed is always spot on and the double wall tips look awesome.

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
I had a few on my car. Magnaflow was really loud if that's your thing. Eurojet was tame but was loudish when you got on it, had a nice growl at all RPMs - I have a video of it on my build thread so you can gauge if it's to your liking. Current is Borla and it's like the Magnaflow but it burbles which I really like. I have a few friends here that have things like Beluga and AWE and Neuspeed and they all sound good - but the Neuspeed looks the best from behind in my opinion. People knock the Beluga but it looks good from behind and I haven't heard anything negative about the materials - but there is a drone, mine drones now and I have a Borla with an APR downpipe, everything has some drone. Drone is 100% subjective to each person and it's all opinion based - you only hear about it if it's more than someone can handle.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
I had a few on my car. Magnaflow was really loud if that's your thing. Eurojet was tame but was loudish when you got on it, had a nice growl at all RPMs - I have a video of it on my build thread so you can gauge if it's to your liking. Current is Borla and it's like the Magnaflow but it burbles which I really like. I have a few friends here that have things like Beluga and AWE and Neuspeed and they all sound good - but the Neuspeed looks the best from behind in my opinion. People knock the Beluga but it looks good from behind and I haven't heard anything negative about the materials - but there is a drone, mine drones now and I have a Borla with an APR downpipe, everything has some drone. Drone is 100% subjective to each person and it's all opinion based - you only hear about it if it's more than someone can handle.

[emoji1432] this, i can vouch for his setup. I bought my boost guage from him and went on a cruise. His exhaust set up should awesome.
+1

Trytun

Go Kart Champion
[emoji1432] this, i can vouch for his setup. I bought my boost guage from him and went on a cruise. His exhaust set up should awesome.
+1

Ayeeeeeeeeeeeeee :thumbup:

EGOMAN

Okay another question to filter the suggestions: Whats is usually the setup that gives you the least drone? i.e. (Brand) DP + stock CB, (Brand) CB only, muffler or resonator delete..etc

tofuD01

Ready to race!
Okay another question to filter the suggestions: Whats is usually the setup that gives you the least drone? i.e. (Brand) DP + stock CB, (Brand) CB only, muffler or resonator delete..etc

This is personal opinion as i've not heard any other setups (get this out of the way), APR downpipe and stock catback sounds good, slightly more noise when idle but its a deeper tone and can only really hear it when you have your foot down, otherwise its quiet like stock when driving through town and cruising on the motorway.

Sounds good to me, i did consider getting a CB but..monies for what people say is at most 5hp gains and more drone is what makes me 50/50 if i really want to add anything more (plus the APR downpipe was stupidly expensive loool)

Laimface

Ready to race!
The best system for drone killing would be a catted dp with stock catback. It'll sound a bit beefier due to a 200 cell cat instead of 2x 800 cell cats but that's pretty much it!

Nineeightgolf

Ready to race!
As someone who has had the Unitronic turboback (catted) and the Corsa (APR) catback with downpipe, I feel like I can give a good opinion. So my turboback Unitronic was pretty quiet. Not a lot louder than stock. But one thing that annoyed me about it (and I ultimately have taken it off the car) was quietly driving around town. Now I know people may not believe me and it seems counter intuitive, but even though that is a fairly quiet exhaust, I found it to be loud when I didnt want it to be.

Let me explain. My Car is a 6MT, and I found when just driving around locally (25-40 mph), if I gave the car any significant amount of gas under 2500 rpms, the cabin had a loud "boomy' style noise. now, that may be "drone" or not. I dont know but i hated it. I would usually end up taking the revs over 3k so on the next shift, I wouldnt hit the gas below 2k. Doing that sounded horrible. I would drive the car in higher rpms to reduce the boom.

I then replaced it with the Corsa catback. I have now run this catback with both a catless and Unitronic catted midpipe and that low end boomyness is gone. Around town it is actually quieter in the cabin while being louder outside. It is louder both in the cabin at outside while WOT and over 3500. I can also give the car a reasonable amount of gas in a higher gear and not have the boomyness inside the cabin.

im not sure if this makes any sense without hearing it in person but there is something to it when people say APR has no drone. The decibel level is louder but then note is higher pitched. Which for me, translated to less annoying interior humming/boom/drone/whatever. Take that for what its worth.

Final note: Unitronic is very quiet on the highway. If you do a lot of commuting it may be the way to go. I am currently looking into adding a resonator to quiet down the Corsa on the highway. Its loud when cruising over 70mph.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
As someone who has had the Unitronic turboback (catted) and the Corsa (APR) catback with downpipe, I feel like I can give a good opinion. So my turboback Unitronic was pretty quiet. Not a lot louder than stock. But one thing that annoyed me about it (and I ultimately have taken it off the car) was quietly driving around town. Now I know people may not believe me and it seems counter intuitive, but even though that is a fairly quiet exhaust, I found it to be loud when I didnt want it to be.

Let me explain. My Car is a 6MT, and I found when just driving around locally (25-40 mph), if I gave the car any significant amount of gas under 2500 rpms, the cabin had a loud "boomy' style noise. now, that may be "drone" or not. I dont know but i hated it. I would usually end up taking the revs over 3k so on the next shift, I wouldnt hit the gas below 2k. Doing that sounded horrible. I would drive the car in higher rpms to reduce the boom.

I then replaced it with the Corsa catback. I have now run this catback with both a catless and Unitronic catted midpipe and that low end boomyness is gone. Around town it is actually quieter in the cabin while being louder outside. It is louder both in the cabin at outside while WOT and over 3500. I can also give the car a reasonable amount of gas in a higher gear and not have the boomyness inside the cabin.

im not sure if this makes any sense without hearing it in person but there is something to it when people say APR has no drone. The decibel level is louder but then note is higher pitched. Which for me, translated to less annoying interior humming/boom/drone/whatever. Take that for what its worth.

Final note: Unitronic is very quiet on the highway. If you do a lot of commuting it may be the way to go. I am currently looking into adding a resonator to quiet down the Corsa on the highway. Its loud when cruising over 70mph.

Great feedback! A resonator will definitely help. That's why I'm glad to have a resonator on my AWE dp. Highway cruising is very quiet.