GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best shampoo and wax

Mcflurvin

Ready to race!
Thos has probably been asked already but whats the best wash and wax I use the yellow meguare(or however you spell it) wash and caruba( or however you spell it) wax with my power washer just wondering what you guys recommend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

kram

Ready to race!
'Best' is real subjective...

Right now I'm using Meguiars Gold Class simply because I found it for just over 2 bucks for the large size on clearance at Target...so I stocked up. Cheap, cleans well & foams decently with a Gilmour gun.

For wax I'm using Collinite 845 to get me thru the winter.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
chemical guys gloss works shampoo for the body with Chemical Guys Blitz Sealant topped with Pete's 53.

For my wheels Meguiars Gold Class since its a more aggressive shampoo and cheaper since Costco sells it.

Really any intended car wash is ok just no dish soap.

SABOtage

Ready to race!
All 1z products

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
'Best' is real subjective...

Right now I'm using Meguiars Gold Class simply because I found it for just over 2 bucks for the large size on clearance at Target...so I stocked up. Cheap, cleans well & foams decently with a Gilmour gun.

For wax I'm using Collinite 845 to get me thru the winter.

I am also using this combo. I am using Optimum No Rinse (rinseless shampoo) during the winter bc its freezing currently (11F/-12C). Collinite 845 is great. Just put it on my wheels. Gonna try it on the paint when I get a chance.

kram

Ready to race!
I am also using this combo. I am using Optimum No Rinse (rinseless shampoo) during the winter bc its freezing currently (11F/-12C). Collinite 845 is great. Just put it on my wheels. Gonna try it on the paint when I get a chance.

Same here with the ONR... LOVE that stuff! Have you tried the new stuff with wax?

I lucked out last Saturday & was able to do a wash outside since it was almost 60....today its in the teens! I just put 845 on my wheels as well...hopefully that will make my next wash easier.

A tip for anyone using 845...be careful if you sit it in front of your halogens to warm it. Forgot about it & ended up melting my Meguiars self-cleaning dispenser. :(

lilfleck

Go Kart Champion
Same here with the ONR... LOVE that stuff! Have you tried the new stuff with wax?

I lucked out last Saturday & was able to do a wash outside since it was almost 60....today its in the teens! I just put 845 on my wheels as well...hopefully that will make my next wash easier.

A tip for anyone using 845...be careful if you sit it in front of your halogens to warm it. Forgot about it & ended up melting my Meguiars self-cleaning dispenser. :(

I have not tried it yet, is it good? I have a TON of ONR v2 stocked up. Don't plan on buying for a while.

I have xenons and let it sit in my bucket of warm water on that warm day! I need to do a thorough cleaning of my wheels. I only clean about 85% of them when I do it. There is crap embedded deep into the corners of each spoke. I figure, I'm better off waxing them now to prevent future headaches and worry about deep cleaning in the spring.

kram

Ready to race!
I have not tried it yet, is it good? I have a TON of ONR v2 stocked up. Don't plan on buying for a while.

I have xenons and let it sit in my bucket of warm water on that warm day! I need to do a thorough cleaning of my wheels. I only clean about 85% of them when I do it. There is crap embedded deep into the corners of each spoke. I figure, I'm better off waxing them now to prevent future headaches and worry about deep cleaning in the spring.

Same here, got enough regular ONR to last me thru winter, so haven't tried the new one. Ill probably pick some up in a couple months.

I've got the ugly Denvers which are super easy to clean...but I just waxed the faces for now. A little protection is better than none... I shouldve done the same with the warm water, but was in a hurry so sat it in front of my worklight...live & learn, lol.

AZN_C300

Ready to race!
There's no best really. And depends if you're doing 2 bucket traditional wash, no rinse wash, waterless wash, foam gun wash, or foam cannon wash. Also depends on if you're doing maintenance wash or full strip wash.

Generally though, for traditional wash, I'm a fan of Chemical Guys Glossworkz for maintenance and Chemical Citrus Wash & Gloss for full LSP strip wash. No Rinse washes, I go with Optimum No Rinse. Waterless wash, Optimum Opti-Clean.

As for wax, very subjective and depends on color and if you value warmth vs depth vs easy of use vs durability.

I can say for myself, on Candy White, I use Blackfire Wet Diamond Sealant topped with Wolfgan Fuzion wax.

Kyle Butler

Ready to race!
I enjoy the Chemical Guys shampoos. Im using their Citrus Clear for general weekly washes. I also like their Honeydew.

As for waxes ive tried quite a few, but i really like the 1z Glanz Wax for my CSG. Ive tried 845, and NXT. While they certainly work fine, i just like the ease and combination of Gloss and protection glanz gives me. Not to mention great beading.

On the other hand. I can simply put two coats of Menzerna Power Lock and be completely satisfied year round with the level of gloss and protection that provides. And i dont have to re-apply for another few months.

kram

Ready to race!
I can simply put two coats of Menzerna Power Lock and be completely satisfied year round with the level of gloss and protection that provides. And i dont have to re-apply for another few months.

That's good to hear! I've got a bottle of that but am waiting till spring when I can do a full correction on this car to apply it.