up4speed

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Been reading up on JB4 tune, decided to go for it, being 2 years into my 6 year warranty definitely have some hesitation, but WTH, what can go wrong, (don't tell me). Couldn't really find an exact answer but wondering when using map 1, (I don't have any mods) do you just plug it in and forget it? should you monitor anything in particular or do any logging? I'm thinking you don't need any logging unless going to map 6 (which I will eventually) is that about right?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Map 1? Plug it in and forget about it. :)

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
I'm hoping someone can provide some assistance. I tried searching for this specific issue but couldn't find any guidance. My jb4 works great so far, however my oil temp gauge doesn't seem to work. It always shows 0 on the App. All my other gauges seem to work fine and I've flashed to the latest firmware. I've also double checked all my connections and they are good as well.

George Smooth

Drag Race Newbie
I'm hoping someone can provide some assistance. I tried searching for this specific issue but couldn't find any guidance. My jb4 works great so far, however my oil temp gauge doesn't seem to work. It always shows 0 on the App. All my other gauges seem to work fine and I've flashed to the latest firmware. I've also double checked all my connections and they are good as well.
Oil temp is not one of the parameters we have added to the logging. We try keep them to a minimum so we can keep the data resolution high.

Hambone

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2020 TR GTI SE
Oil temp is not one of the parameters we have added to the logging. We try keep them to a minimum so we can keep the data resolution high.
Bummer, but I can understand that. I only monitor oil temps to know when I can send it once I reach operating temp anyway. Loving this JB4. On map 2 and loving the extra punch. Also like the fact as I add bolt ons later the jb4 can grow with the mods.

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
Bummer, but I can understand that. I only monitor oil temps to know when I can send it once I reach operating temp anyway. Loving this JB4. On map 2 and loving the extra punch. Also like the fact as I add bolt ons later the jb4 can grow with the mods.
You should be able to get oil temp on the smart dash. That's where I leave mine until warmed up.

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys.. just wanted to know if anyone's running Autotech HPFP upgrade with your JB4??. any issues.. how much e85 are you able to run?

goodvibes

Go Kart Champion
What about map 2? I’m getting ready to move to map 2, should I just forget about it too??
I'd log map 2 to be safe. Then likely forget about it. :)

scott59

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI S 6MT
Did some logs this morning, thought I turned off the "Combine Logs", apparently not. It's just map 1, but does it look pretty normal? Thought I'd email George and maybe get a clutch saver map 6, I'm not really an aggressive driver (most of the time) and only drive 5 or 6k a year so may not even bother.
Also can the log be broken up into individual logs?
Thanks

https://datazap.me/u/scott59/log-1618766214?log=0&data=1-4-5-14-19-26-27-36