GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake Job Mk6GTI Autobahn

jnj2455

Ready to race!
I used these cuz I just wanted new rotors that functioned well and wasn't looking for anything above and beyond.

https://www.carid.com/2011-volkswag...tric-preferred-plain-brake-kit-207539742.html

I will caution, especially depending on how corroded your underbody parts are, that the rear rotor brackets are a HUGE fucking pain to get off. They are best loosened if the car is lifted off the ground and you have several feet to work with, to increase your moment/torque advantage about the bolt. Plus it is relatively tightly packed in there and not much room to work with.

My bolts were thoroughly rusted on after 9 years of northern salt winters, and we only had the standard jacks. So hoisted the car as far as it could go without being dangerous and with my father's simultaneous strength + rust penetrant, we were able to break the bolts free. Really, I must stress how awful that process was and caution you to be realistic if you don't have the right tools. I also recommend you getting low profile M14 socket for said caliper bolts.

RND1

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the heads up on the caliper bolts. We're used to working on rust so lots of Kroil and heat if necessary.

Those centrics are only a little bit less than the Zimmermans so with the lifetime warranty we'll probably go that route.