GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Brake light intermittently on, but fluid is good and pads are only half worn.

Jchilvz

Ready to race!
Background:
-Trying to solve the mystery of the random brake light issue.
-I just moved from Cali to Illinois. Its a lot colder so I thought this could be an issue just as a heads up.
-Brake fluid is find and half full. Pads and rotors (stoptech) are relatively new (6,000 miles on them) as I got that sorted before I drove from Cali to Illinois.
-Essentially my parking brake for my manual MKVI golf has been a little lose recently. Enough to notice. E brake works fine, but I always leave in second just in case.

Whats going on:
However when driving yesterday my Brake light would not disengage. I pulled over and turned the car off. Waited a solid minute and then started her up again. Disengaged the parking brake and all was golden.

Today I drove with no issues until I got to Lowes (3 miles) and then when I started her up and disengaged the brake, it stayed on and then a warning said check the brake pads (big yellow circle on the MDF). I inspect them and they're fine. No rocks in there, pad wear is good as I mentioned before, no ABS light flashing at me and Brake fluid is smack bang in the middle of empty and full.

Thinking its a sensor or the cold weather 1 Celsius (or 34 freedom units)...or both. Everyone online say to disengage it...which is great and all if its just you and you dont drive kids... but yeah. Any thoughts?

Car has 106k on it and I've never had a brake issue before this. If this is already on the forums, I couldn't find it, so sorry in advance.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Background:
-Trying to solve the mystery of the random brake light issue.
-I just moved from Cali to Illinois. Its a lot colder so I thought this could be an issue just as a heads up.
-Brake fluid is find and half full. Pads and rotors (stoptech) are relatively new (6,000 miles on them) as I got that sorted before I drove from Cali to Illinois.
-Essentially my parking brake for my manual MKVI golf has been a little lose recently. Enough to notice. E brake works fine, but I always leave in second just in case.

Whats going on:
However when driving yesterday my Brake light would not disengage. I pulled over and turned the car off. Waited a solid minute and then started her up again. Disengaged the parking brake and all was golden.

Today I drove with no issues until I got to Lowes (3 miles) and then when I started her up and disengaged the brake, it stayed on and then a warning said check the brake pads (big yellow circle on the MDF). I inspect them and they're fine. No rocks in there, pad wear is good as I mentioned before, no ABS light flashing at me and Brake fluid is smack bang in the middle of empty and full.

Thinking its a sensor or the cold weather 1 Celsius (or 34 freedom units)...or both. Everyone online say to disengage it...which is great and all if its just you and you dont drive kids... but yeah. Any thoughts?

Car has 106k on it and I've never had a brake issue before this. If this is already on the forums, I couldn't find it, so sorry in advance.
Could just be loose connector to brake sensor. Pull wheels and check pad sensors.