GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Broken exhaust manifold stud

GolNat

Autocross Champion
PB blaster is your friend. Go slow, usually you can feel if it's going to break. If you think it will, get the map torch out and heat it up. I think people breaking studs on the manifold and downpipe are just hulking it.

I'll keep that in mind. I read somewhere that the studs are designed to come out if the nut seizes to them. That's what happened to the stuck nut that was in my dp at-least. I might try to break them all loose first thing before I get too involved.

I just found out about it. I’m pretty sure all CBFA engines are covered by it.

https://www.golfmk6.com/forums/index.php?threads/items-covered-under-pzev-warranty.301512/

As long as the car is stock. At-least that is what my localish APR selling dealer told me. VW is starting to crack down apparently.

mirchandise

Passed Driver's Ed
That's pretty bogus honestly considering anyone with a ccta gets the short end of the warranty stick.
Yea I’m not a hundred percent sure about CCTA engines and the warranty. But if the car is PZEV then it should be covered. I don’t think the CCTA cars are PZEV though.
As long as the car is stock. At-least that is what my localish APR selling dealer told me. VW is starting to crack down apparently.
Yea that is a concern. We’ll see what happens.

Grabbit

Go Kart Champion
PB blaster is your friend. Go slow, usually you can feel if it's going to break. If you think it will, get the map torch out and heat it up. I think people breaking studs on the manifold and downpipe are just hulking it.

Agreed. I use Aerokroil which is spendy but worth it for loosening rusty nuts/bolts.