GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH mounts vs VF Engineering mounts?

whalesalad

Ready to race!
The BSH mounts look like they're of a much higher quality.

You know what you're getting into with new mounts, right? :D Rattles, vibrations, it will feel like you're inside of a washing machine. That being said, the benefits definitely exist. Less wheel hop, power transfers better to the ground, etc..

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
That's simply the worst part of it. ^^^

I'm looking for some of these subjective opinions as well. Who likes 'em, who doesn't?

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
That's simply the worst part of it. ^^^

I'm looking for some of these subjective opinions as well. Who likes 'em, who doesn't?

I had the BSH dog bone mount (pendulum) on my MKV Fahrenheit ... I noticed ONLY a small amount of vibration on startup in park, during driving I noticed only the performance gains!

From that ONE mount I NEVER experienced any more wheel hop on launch. I tried very hard to get it to hop and it wouldn't ... It would just spin like the car was one solid piece .... Before the mount you could really feel the flex g and rocking of the motor - afterwards it was nonexistent.

This is a no brainer for me - I will have both the engine & tranny mount as well as the torque mount insert by BSH (although I do have plans to go stage 3)

Joker GTI

Ready to race!
I need a torque mount insert!

whalesalad

Ready to race!
I really dig Black Forest :) Have a "hot hatch" tshirt actually!

I had stage 1 BFI mounts on my MK3. After a day or so they wore in and weren't so bad. Then I wrecked it :(

dubbinit

Go Kart Champion
Well I ended up ordering a BSH insert for now; hopefully it comes in soon!

bitbckt

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the BFI insert. Some vibrations occur in reverse (esp. on hills), but it works exactly as advertised.

whalesalad

Ready to race!
Hmm guys I hope you know we're not talking about the dogbone insert here that gets slid into the bottom of the subframe... we're talking about full-on engine mount replacements for the tranny and passenger side. I've been thinking about doing this recently but had stage 1 mounts on my MK3 GTI and they vibrated the shit out of me.

PandaGTI

Go Kart Champion
We are currently testing their mounts on the APR Motorsport MK6.

Any updates on this? My Ko4 is in serious needs of engine mounts, I just can't get the power down from 1st and 2nd gear... It's all wheel hop and wheel spin... Sometimes the wheel hop is so intense that the 1st to 2nd gear shift is so harsh, but since the car still isn't moving forward very fast it just bogs into second with a loud thud (dsg).

I already have a torque arm insert that made a difference with stage 1, but now with the Ko4 I'm needing stiffer mounts.

heartcoke

Ready to race!
I need these, I'm leaning towards the Black Forest ones too, that wheel hop just kills me every time. It's like I can feel my car crying afterwards.

Do passengers feel the added vibrations too?

Also which mounts did you end up getting? I see 4 different types on that link, all with Stage 1 and Stage 2 versions.