APR Carbonio Intake Stage I & II
APR Downpipe

OEM R8 Coil Packs
NGK PFR7S8EG Plugs gapped to .028" - less than stock gap by .04"

Brakes
*pending install* NSQBBK + SS lines on the front

Suspension
Whiteline Anti Lift Kit
TyrolSport Deadset Subframe Collars (front and rear kits)
Current tire: Continental DWS 06 225/40/18

Interior
deAutoKey Interior LED Kit, Blue footwells

Exterior
25% Tint
Dark cherry LED tail lights
Front red stripes painted black

VAG COM Tweaks
..... Windows down/up through key
..... DRL turn on/off through MFI
..... Comfort turn signal set to four
..... Cornering fog lights
..... Steering wheel mute button
..... Lights shut off with vehicle
..... Horn lock confirmation delete

Removed / exists in my memories:
- DG Springs
- APR Sways front + back
- BFI Stage 1 mounts
- Koni STR.T Shocks

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
Sounds good, where are the pics??

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
So just got my APR downpipe installed today.

First with performance, this thing rips. It is definitely noticeable, especially in the low end.

Sound? I honestly thought it would be louder. I even wish it was to some extent. But DAMN is the actual sound is awesome. The only way I know how to describe it is that it is just the perfect pitch. Just the right amount of growl. Makes the car a lot meaner.

Hands down go buy a downpipe. I LOVE it.

Last edited:

mikeleemk6

Go Kart Champion
So just got my APR downpipe installed today. Paid 400 for installation. But DAMN, this thing is nice.

First with performance, this thing rips. It is definitely noticeable, especially in the low end.

Sound? I honestly thought it would be louder. I even wish it was to some extent. But DAMN is the actual sound is awesome. The only way I know how to describe it is that it is just the perfect pitch. Just the right amount of growl. Makes the car a lot meaner.

Hands down go spend 1100 on a downpipe. I LOVE it.

Looks good. But damn, $400 for a downpipe install? You should have tried it yourself to save some coin. I did it with jackstands in 2.5 hours.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
This weekend my car needed an oil change, so I figured I might as well do a couple other things while I'm at it. I am just about at 24K miles.

Oil change:
5th oil change in total, used '5W 40 Motul 8100 X-Cess' that I got from Amazon, as well as the latest revision OEM filter. Actually used one of those oil pumps this time. They are kinda sick!

GFB DV+
I bought this a while ago from modded euros, but was hesitant installing it when I saw some people had problems with it. I know it's the latest revision from GFB, if that helps. Wasn't hard to install, use jack stands and it takes maybe 45 minutes max. For reference, my stock DV was revision C.

Thing is sick, go get one. I didn't get any codes (thankfully), and don't have any sketchy pigeon sounds. It definitely works. I recommend it!

'BFI Stage I Engine Mount kit'
Bought the whole kit straight from BFI. Almost bought the Stage II (track density) kit.

Install is dead easy with the right tools. Torque insert isn't bad if you are smart about it. Took, 2-3 hours? Lmao, took me a while to 'get smart about it'. When I got in the car, I had a steering light, traction control, and some other sketchy lights on. Before I drove out of my driveway, they were gone.

REVIEW? Seriously, go buy engine mounts. As stiff as you can find em. The difference is night and day. Coming in, I mainly wanted to get rid of wheel hop, but it does so much more. (Wheel hop is GONE, btw. Like GONE). The whole drivetrain just feels tighter, more articulate. You FEEL what the DSG does, you FEEL the different things that happen, versus the mush & dumpster feelings the stock mounts have. (SERIOUSLY, the stock mounts are akin to straight chewing gum out of someones mouth. You can squeeze the shit in your hand. I could bend the things MAX in either direction, in my hands. The BFI mounts? They didn't budge!) I am sure the 6MT guys feel a much better increase in responsiveness from the transmission, but it is still a huge upgrade on the DSG. I love it. This is one of those mods that will make you wish you did it earlier.

As for vibes? NVH? I was expecting it to be BAD. Remember, I did all 3 at once. I was scared, but excited at the same time. In reality, it really isn't bad at all. There is some resonance, a little NVH at idle, and reverse is exacerbated. Basically, everything you read is true. But to a lesser extent I feel. Everyone exaggerates! And the NVH that you now have, ITS AWESOME! If you close your eyes, you can get that racecar vibe. Reminds me personally of those stripped to shit track oriented Aston Martins. RACECAR, MAN!

TLDR: Get the track density / stage II instead. Racecar >

Other:
The back portion / Stage II Carbonio intake piece always hit my brake reservoir causing it to rattle like shit all the time. This happens to a LOT of people. I moved one mount spot from back to front, after reading the suggestion in some other thread here. (So in the picture, it used to be mounted BEHIND the thing it is now mounted to. I made sure there wasn't any stress on the actual pipe. Don't want it to crack) BUT, I believe the rattle is gone!!! So, success!

Last edited:

zrickety

The Fixer
I had the same issue with that intake. Slotted that hole to raise it up and used a flat washer.

DarianBx3

Ready to race!
Today I installed new spark plugs (smaller gap), and ordered some new parts! Some have been laying here a couple weeks, but have been holding off to do it all at once. Hotchkis Sway Bars, Whiteline Anti Lift, Tyrolsport Deadset front & back, and spulen wheel spacers all on the way. Then install, tire rotation, and alignment.

Also gave it a good wash, wax, and uploaded new pics!