GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Busted one wheel - looking for replacement

dstarthery

I have a 2013 GTI Wolfsburg Edition 4D. A fairly big rock was on the freeway the other day. I tried my best to avoid it, but I ran it over with the front wheel. This resulted in a fairly big hole in the wheel. Looks like a mini-explosion in the wheel. I'll try to post a picture soon.

I'm looking for a replacement wheel. On parts.vw.com I found this part number 5K0601025AF88Z. After some googling I found that both 5K0601025AF and 5K0601025AG are apparently identical. Are these two parts indeed identical? Do they fit the car and fit with the other three wheels?

dstarthery

2020-03-05 17.51.55.jpg
2020-03-05 17.52.10.jpg

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
5K0601025AG is the same part number that is on your wheel(look at the back of the spokes). I believe the one ending in F is a brighter color Silver.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you look on the back of your wheel....it list two part numbers (in your pic):
5K0601025AG = Grey (at 1 o'clock position)
5K0601025AF = Silver (at 11 o'clock position)

So go with the part number depending on the color on the front of the wheel

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Gaaaaaad daaaaayuuum that's a hole!! Wow...

dstarthery

What do you think about the tire? Just by looking it it, it does not seem to have any damage. Is it compromised or can I reuse it?

Also, what can I do with the wheel? Recycle it? Are there shops that can fix it and resell it?

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Tire possibly ok.. might have to have the tire guy check it out/balance it. Yes recycle the wheel, they won't be able to repair that.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
Once the tire is dismounted it will be easy to see any damage. From the look of that I'd hazard a guess there's a broken belt. Hope it's OK, but I'm not optimistic.