GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

buying new wheels

cliddicote

I want to buy new wheels and i know the stocks are 18 so I should be able to buy 18's and not have to worry about them not fitting correct? the ones i want are 18x8 if that matters. thank you

dang

Passed Driver's Ed
18x8 will fit fine as long as the offset isn't crazy aggressive. As long as you get the right bolt pattern and center bore it'll be a direct swap.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
Look at the Neuspeed wheels, most are made to fit MK7's without any issues. I just bought a set of RSe52's 18x8 , +45mm, 5:112. No spacers or hub rings. Most of the 18" wheels for the MK7 fi perfectly. They utilize factory lug bolts, center caps, as well as tire pressure monitoring sensors.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
They utilize factory lug bolts

Is this just Neuspeed or other wheels in general? I thought you needed conical wheel bolts instead of the stock ball seat.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Is this just Neuspeed or other wheels in general? I thought you needed conical wheel bolts instead of the stock ball seat.

It depends on the wheel manufacturer and specific application. If you're unsure make sure to ask. For example rotiform uses ball seat for their 5x112 wheels but conical for 5x114.3 wheels.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
It depends on the wheel manufacturer and specific application. If you're unsure make sure to ask. For example rotiform uses ball seat for their 5x112 wheels but conical for 5x114.3 wheels.

Thanks. Just checked with the Konig wheels I ordered, they require conical bolts. Which is alright with me as I'll order the spline ones.

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
KONIG wheels will require aftermarket. I got the black splined ones. Guess it's theft deterrent?

Yeah, but honestly if there’s a will there’s a way.

Where did you order the wheel bolts from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
I want to buy new wheels and i know the stocks are 18 so I should be able to buy 18's and not have to worry about them not fitting correct? the ones i want are 18x8 if that matters. thank you

Which ones are you looking at? Not just any wheel will fit, they have to be 5x112 bolt pattern. Most aftermarket wheels are not going to be hubcentric and will require centering rings. The offset of the wheel is important too.