GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

C&D review the 9th gen SI(will not happy at all)

danielj1

Go Kart Champion

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I've yet to experience torque steer, sorry that you have.

Well as far as I can tell he has a Mk V I don't know if they changed anything between the two. But I have noticed 0 torque steer on both the DSG and Manual Mk VI I drove.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
True; mine is a MKV TSI. I'll give ya the benefit of the doubt and assume they tweaked it for the MKVI.

Even the MKV is light; it's nowhere near as bad as my 02 Saab was, but it's definitely there ;)

SwiftGTI

Go Kart Champion
Well as far as I can tell he has a Mk V I don't know if they changed anything between the two. But I have noticed 0 torque steer on both the DSG and Manual Mk VI I drove.

Agreed, I haven't felt any torque steer either. The XDS is setup much more aggressively in the VI, it's predictive rather than reactive. That is probably the reason he felt torque steer in the V.

BoilerDub

Passed Driver's Ed
I saw the front of that civic and thought it was ugly. Then I saw the back....

On an added note, I'll take my GTI's interior over that thing any day.

Edvis

Ready to race!
DO NOT WANT. That interior is just too much and it just looks like a downsized accord.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I guarantee that the GTI stays on the top ten list and the Si is no where to be found. The GTI is a classic, the civic is totally fogettable. Honda has castrated their performance cars and honestly i don't think they have any idea on how to design a cool car. Our other car is a TSX - 2004 and I liked it a lot... it was light fast and understated.. they screwed it up by making the design all fussy in the new models. I absolutely hate the last 2 generations of civics for design.. i'd rather be seen in my old cavalier than that geeked out thing.

FiGGy77

Ready to race!
I guarantee that the GTI stays on the top ten list and the Si is no where to be found. .

agreed....

everyone (magazines, internet sites) admits the GTI lacks power, and costs a bit much, but, it just does everything well....which makes it the perfect car..lol

and that interior is just hideous...

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
Who gives a shit what these magazines say? Rarely these magazine articles are unbiased opinions.

After driving 00 Si, RSX-S and S2000, who the hell drives beyond 4K rpms on daily basis? Drive a Honda with full blast AC, car feels like shit. (Note: S2000 is a great car. :) No doubt about it, IMHO) GTI is all-around car.

GTI > Civic Si

MBorVW

Go Kart Champion
The new Si is super ugly and completely un-tunable. A stage I GTI is light years better than an Si in every f'n way possible. I had one of the first 2006 Si coupes and it was great for the time but the new one is ugly and has no soul :)

Larry70454

Ready to race!
Who gives a shit what these magazines say? Rarely these magazine articles are unbiased opinions.

After driving 00 Si, RSX-S and S2000, who the hell drives beyond 4K rpms on daily basis? Drive a Honda with full blast AC, car feels like shit. (Note: S2000 is a great car. :) No doubt about it, IMHO) GTI is all-around car.

GTI > Civic Si

Gti with A/C on is a nightmare trying to drive a manual...

GTI_Dude

Ready to race!
Gti with A/C on is a nightmare trying to drive a manual...

Maybe so, but my point is that N/A 4 banger with no useable TQ is just horrible.

At least the GTI has useable TQ on low rpms, unlike the Si.

Or maybe I'm so used to cars with no TQ, that GTI is just night and day difference.

I went from Stg2.5 WRX w/ VF39 (no turbo lag what so ever, full boost by 3K) to FX35 to Nissan Cube (no power, no tq LOL) to 00 Outback Sport (this thing actually had good amount of TQ down low, 2nd gear was very strong) and finally to GTI. So I guess unlike many of the GTI owners, I don't have any complaints on turbo lag and so forth. :) What can I say, I just love my GTI in every aspect. :D

ImmI

Ready to race!
LOL so much hate

The only thing special about the 8th gen was that it could rev high so I understood why people bought them, now that it's gone there is no compelling case to buy the 9th gen Si IMO.

I will say that the Si Coupe looks pretty sleek though.

I went from Stg2.5 WRX w/ VF39 (no turbo lag what so ever, full boost by 3K) to FX35 to Nissan Cube (no power, no tq LOL) to 00 Outback Sport (this thing actually had good amount of TQ down low, 2nd gear was very strong) and finally to GTI. So I guess unlike many of the GTI owners, I don't have any complaints on turbo lag and so forth. :) What can I say, I just love my GTI in every aspect. :D

I'm sorry, a Nissan Cube? :yikes: