GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cam Follower Mistake

demon342

Ready to race!
Hey Folks, made a whoopsie and rounded off the schrader valve on the HPFP for my golf R. We tried putting a 12mm wrench on it (originally a 13) and it still rounded off. I saw someone said use a socket instead of wrench so we'll try that I guess but whats behind those 2 security torx bits? If I take those out is that cover any pressure or will it be easy as taking off the cover and figuring it out from there? Anyone got any other suggestions on how to get this valve out?

Additionally can anyone give me the part number for that valve? There's a lot of misconception about which is the right one and I want to know before I order it

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
The part number is 06D133400A. Leave the pump intact, removing pieces won't make the valve any easier to get out. Just put some vise grips on it and crank it out as best you can without damaging the threads in the pump.

demon342

Ready to race!
Soooo I replaced the valve and it's still leaking. Looks like it's from that cap with the 2 security bits and the last owner stripped one of them YAY. Anyone know where I can buy a gasket and 2 new bolts??? Part numbers???

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Those ("gasket and 2 new bolts ") are not sold separate from the HPFP. If the miles on the "Autotech HPFP piston" are nearing 80k to 100k miles...the piston's seals in the retainer nut may be closing in on the end of its lifespan...and a new HPFP will be needed or another HPFP upgrade with its own retainer nut will do. Although a new oem HPFP which can be rebuilt with your current Autotech piston will be less expensive. If it is far from those miles...finding the cap and two small bolts from a used HPFP would be an option.

Last edited:

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I don't think you can buy that stuff separately - you're gonna need a new pump.

I don't necessarily agree that the internals need to be replaced vs just swapped over into the new pump - the piston and cylinder are pretty low-wear parts - but that's up to your discretion.

demon342

Ready to race!
Ended up taking it to a shop and they replaced the gaskets and security torx

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Odd they could, but good for you.