GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Can I get a moment of silence?

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Well, I picked up that motor...sounds like it's going to save me a lot of money in the long run. $2500, and he refreshed pretty much everything except the internals 15-20k miles ago. He even replaced the valve guide seals when he had the cams out. Full timing job, water pump + belt, intake, injectors, coil packs, front main seal...The only thing I should have to do is the rear main seal.

Goes in the shop next week.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Well, I picked up that motor...sounds like it's going to save me a lot of money in the long run. $2500, and he refreshed pretty much everything except the internals 15-20k miles ago. He even replaced the valve guide seals when he had the cams out. Full timing job, water pump + belt, intake, injectors, coil packs, front main seal...The only thing I should have to do is the rear main seal.

AYEEE Congratulations! countdown begins. I hope everything goes smooth.

kosmaras

Go Kart Newbie

Congrats man! You grabbed a great motor. Dude did a great job and when I chatted with him he was very transparent.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
I picked up a used K03 while I was at it; wastegate is nice and tight.

I'm still waiting to hear how much money I'm going to save since they don't need to do timing or anything.

Still wish I had been smart and just stopped driving the car once the noise started; at the very least, the block and crank would be salvageable.

socal87

Drag Race Newbie
Couple of souvenirs

Car feels great, better than it has in years. Maybe ever

Attachments

• PXL_20220922_220136752.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220922_220136752.MP.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 34

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion