GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car won't start but battery is healthy

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
A month ago, I went to a shop and did a Cam girdle reseal and oil pan reseal. After that, I have been experiencing P0172 & and there are few times that my car won't start.

Last night it happened again. The car didn't start, so I called my friend to help.
We jump start the car and still nothing happened. The battery was replaced last year. So i would rule out a dying battery.

After a few try, my friend stepped on the gas paddle while turning the key.
Then suddenly the car started up. It was getting late so I went home and parked my car.

I tried a few more times turning it on and off. And on the third time, it won't start again!!!

I used the OBDELEVEN to check, the fuel pressure is 40psi which seems normal.

So now I am thinking what are the cause.

1. Startup Motor??
2. Spark Plug[They were changed 20,000km ago, but the shop overfilled the engine oil by like 1cm on the dipstick, could it foul the spark plug or other ignition problem]
3. LPFP
4. A poor job on the cam girdle reseal?

zef

Drag Racing Champion
try unplugging the maf and starting it and see what happens

just to clarify, it cranks and cranks or it cranks, starts, then immediately dies? or does it not crank at all?

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
try unplugging the maf and starting it and see what happens

just to clarify, it cranks and cranks or it cranks, starts, then immediately dies? or does it not crank at all?

Will try unplug the MAF tonight.

To clarify,
The car cranks and cranks but will not start.
It also once cranked but had a rough start then dies.

PghDan

Ready to race!
What's the old adage? Something like "a car needs three things to start...air, fuel, and spark."

It sounds like your fuel pressure is good, so if you haven't already done so I'd move onto "spark" next. Remove the plugs, make sure they're not fouled, and make sure they're gapped properly. Inspect the ignition coils and make certain the connectors that plug onto the coil are not damaged.

mistaleungg

Go Kart Newbie
A little update.... turns out it is the HPFP.
It bothers me for quite a while.... changed fuel injector, new PCV, spark, coil but didn't fix the problem
My friend recommend to another the shop and they diagnose it is the HPFP.
Changed a new one and the code went away since