GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon buildup cleaning price

BellaIzzy09

Ssoooo i just took my car in for a carbon buildup clean. It had gotten pretty bad i had really rough cold starts the engine clearly was pretty bad and had never been cleaned and it is at 93,000 miles now. I got charged $1800 for a carbon clean, fuel injector clean and camshaft sensor replacement. Does this sound about right cause i am a woman with a high maintenance car and i feel like I've been scammed a bit quite a few times by now

BellaIzzy09

Ssoooo i just took my car in for a carbon buildup clean. It had gotten pretty bad i had really rough cold starts the engine clearly was pretty bad and had never been cleaned and it is at 93,000 miles now. I got charged $1800 for a carbon clean, fuel injector clean and camshaft sensor replacement. Does this sound about right cause i am a woman with a high maintenance car and i feel like I've been scammed a bit quite a few times by now
Forgot to mention i have a 2011 gti

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Seems ridiculously expensive. Even overpriced dealers charge around 900-1000$ for a carbon clean. I’m pretty sure the sensor is accessible when you have the manifold off to do the cleaning anyway. Maybe I’m mistaken, but seems way overpriced. Post your location and I’m sure someone here can give you a good local recommendation.