GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon buildup cleaning price

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
How often do you guys do carbon cleaning? Every 5 years or based off mileage?

tulip

Ready to race!
How often do you guys do carbon cleaning? Every 5 years or based off mileage?
I got mine done when I started getting slight misfires under heavy load. The folks at the shop said it was one of the nastiest buildup they've ever seen...

It was roughly 5 years since it was cleaned

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Damn. I guess it’s better to do it every 2 years to be on the safe side.

it’s mostly short distance drives that cause the most carbon build up

tulip

Ready to race!
Damn. I guess it’s better to do it every 2 years to be on the safe side.

it’s mostly short distance drives that cause the most carbon build up
I drive 125 miles per day on the highway which isnt the best for carbon buildup as I am rarely going above 3000rpms... I try to drive it hard once I pull off the highway but idk if it really helps that much..

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Ya you still have to rev past 3k rpm but even then it doesn’t help as much as we like it to. These engines are designed to cause carbon build up.

not a fan of installing a catch can. I’ll just get it cleaned every 3 years or every 30k - whichever comes first.

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Velocity Performance in the GTA quoted me $750 to do CC, I laughed so hard after I hung up... the highest I've heard so far... might as well go to the dealership...

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion
Can you guys let me know where you got the carbon cleaning done and what the cost was?
Call Almost Racing INC in Markham, Ontario.

They are busy and be prepared to wait more than a month for an appointment...

supreme_gti

Go Kart Champion

tulip

Ready to race!
Velocity Performance in the GTA quoted me $750 to do CC, I laughed so hard after I hung up... the highest I've heard so far... might as well go to the dealership...
Honestly, I've seen much worse here in Nova Scotia... I've been quoted 900 taxes in...