GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon Cleaning in North County San Diego?

Sanderson719

Passed Driver's Ed
So I've been trying to get my carbon cleaning done and wondering if there's any decent shops around North County (Oceanside, San Marcos, Esco. etc.) I tried the dealership and Pure Motorsports so far and both have quoted me at $750 which I will not do. I keep seeing AU Tuning is the way to go but I want to see if theres anything closer before I make the trip. Thanks in advanced, guys.

mk6inprogress

Passed Driver's Ed
Pretty much the average around San Diego. I got lucky when they did mine for $250, but I was getting the manifold replaced under warranty.

Sanderson719

Passed Driver's Ed
Well that's unfortunate but not surprising haha. Looks like I'll be making a trip north. Thanks for the response!

callmegti

Go Kart Champion
i got mine done at au tuning in huntington beach. a bit of a drive but i spent only 300$ but that was a year in a half ago.

phuccer1

Ready to race!
Well that's unfortunate but not surprising haha. Looks like I'll be making a trip north. Thanks for the response!

Make sure you give them a call first to book an appointment to save yourself the trip. They don't do carbon cleaning on Saturdays because they said it's a 6 hour job. And their earliest available appointment is on April 27. This was the info I received this past Saturday when I called.

Sanderson719

Passed Driver's Ed
Right on! I appreciate the insight guys. Will give em a call today.

MyStro023

Ready to race!
I know I'm resurrecting a very old thread but curious if anyone around still has recommendations in North San Diego or if anyone knows shops that do this still.

I just was at the dealer because my CE light came on and they tried the warranty approach (soak parts in some fuel additive or something) and that fix lasted all of two days.

Thanks for any help guys! The dealer quoted the cleaning at $1524 before taxes. LOL

MyStro023

Ready to race!
Escondido German Auto has been my go-to in North County. ✌️
Will definitely reach out to them! Thanks! Car is still in warranty which is why I've been dealing with the dealer mostly still but I'm also hunting for a future shop overall. :)

MyStro023

Ready to race!
Asked a couple of different shops for anyone interested:

Pure Motorsports quoted me $750
Escondido German Auto quoted me $1050
VW Kearney Mesa $1524

I was also given the name of Freddy’s Import Auto Repair in Poway but have yet to reach out.

ebuuz

Go Kart Newbie
If you don’t find anything down there - check out metric auto sport in Huntington Beach before you go to AU.

Brian is a cool dude

GolfR333

Ready to race!
If u don’t have any luck with all those shops I recommend giving OC tuning a try there AU tunings sister store.. might be closer to you then Hb.