GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon cleaning?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
What year is the new revision? 2013?

Not to piggyback on this but I'm planning on having a carbon cleaning done soon as I'm at about 110,000 miles and don't think either of the previous owners had it done. Worth getting the injectors rebuilt at that point? My shop quoted me $750 CAD for walnut shell blast and rebuilt injectors. Seems like a pretty good price based on what others have commented (i think's a bit under $600 with conversion)

That seems like a good price. I would probably do it all at that mileage.

AM407

Autocross Champion
Injectors are an issue, no? They’re covered under the same extended warranty as the intake manifold, so VW must have had problems with them.

I got the P2015 code at around 140k km. Car was still under warranty, but tuned, so I didn’t want the hassle at the dealership. I just bought a new manifold and did it myself, along with the carbon cleaning. New injectors were only $200, so I figured it made sense to replace them while I was in there. No regrets.

But I guess it’s different if you’re paying shop prices. Tougher call to replace parts “just because” in that case.

Patrick O

I am getting a walnut blast next week on an MK6 GTI. They are cleaning the injectors, replacing the seals and reusing them. I agree that the injectors are too expensive to just replace because you’re in there if there’s nothing wrong with them. Total cost about US$600.

Patrick O

Shop sent me some before and after shots of the cleaning:

Before.jpgAfter.jpg