GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Carbon cleaning

LcFr

Hi everyone... I read the thread regarding carbon cleaning in Boston and, everybody agreed that "Northeast Autobahn" is the best place to go for... But unfortunately, I'm been trying to contact them by phone and by emails, so far no luck. May I ask you, do anyone here knows a better way to contact them or if someone knows other places around Worcester or Boston, I'm located in Natick ma. I contacted the "Colonial VW in Westborought and the price is $1250. My 2012 GTI with 88k is giving me random misfire, I already changed the "ignition coil" and spark plugs, but now the engine light and the cruise control light randomly pops up, and after I shutting off the engine, the cruise control light is gone, but the check engine remains. Thank you in advance.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie

LcFr

Contact Bren Tuning in Upton.

https://brentuning.com

They know their stuff. Tim does great work!
Awesome! I already called them... The carbon cleaning is $495 but the guy told me to install the "R8 ignition coil from Bosch" drive the baby for some days and if the misfire continues, then we will do the carbon cleaning... Thanks mate! I really appreciate it.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Awesome! I already called them... The carbon cleaning is $495 but the guy told me to install the "R8 ignition coil from Bosch" drive the baby for some days and if the misfire continues, then we will do the carbon cleaning... Thanks mate! I really appreciate it.
Excellent! Hopefully the R8 coils resolve the misfire issues. They did did my carbon cleaning and sent the injectors out to be cleaned and rebuilt. Keep us updated! Cheers!

LcFr

Excellent! Hopefully the R8 coils resolve the misfire issues. They did did my carbon cleaning and sent the injectors out to be cleaned and rebuilt. Keep us updated! Cheers!
That is exactly what the guy told me, now, may I ask you, when I bought the ignition coil from AutoZone, not the R8, they gave me NGK spark plugs, the iridium ones, but they guy told me those spark plugs are for higher heat, from a bigger turbo and that might be given me the misfire too, so which spark plugs should I get? Just regular ones?

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
That is exactly what the guy told me, now, may I ask you, when I bought the ignition coil from AutoZone, not the R8, they gave me NGK spark plugs, the iridium ones, but they guy told me those spark plugs are for higher heat, from a bigger turbo and that might be given me the misfire too, so which spark plugs should I get? Just regular ones?
I can't remember off the top of my head what VW recommends for plugs for stock turbo. I haven't run a stock turbo in 11 years and run a colder plug. If you call the dealership, they should be able to tell you the correct one.

LcFr

I can't remember off the top of my head what VW recommends for plugs for stock turbo. I haven't run a stock turbo in 11 years and run a colder plug. If you call the dealership, they should be able to tell you the correct one.
I found a thread here and it should be 0.032 or 0.028. thanks mate! You help me a lot.

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
I found a thread here and it should be 0.032 or 0.028. thanks mate! You help me a lot.
Yeah, I’m pretty sure I was running .028 with a stock turbo and the first iterations of the K04 tunes that were put out.

Happy to help when I can. 😁

Last edited:

LcFr

This is how the spark plugs looks like after I changed it today, together with the ignition coil. I installed the new R8 Bosch ignition coil and the stock spark plugs. Those spark plugs on the picture has less than 1000k miles on it, don't know if they look normal or is something wrong with it?

Attachments

• IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 91

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Hi everyone... I read the thread regarding carbon cleaning in Boston and, everybody agreed that "Northeast Autobahn" is the best place to go for... But unfortunately, I'm been trying to contact them by phone and by emails, so far no luck. May I ask you, do anyone here knows a better way to contact them or if someone knows other places around Worcester or Boston, I'm located in Natick ma. I contacted the "Colonial VW in Westborought and the price is $1250. My 2012 GTI with 88k is giving me random misfire, I already changed the "ignition coil" and spark plugs, but now the engine light and the cruise control light randomly pops up, and after I shutting off the engine, the cruise control light is gone, but the check engine remains. Thank you in advance.

Best way to get in touch with Max over at NorthEast Autobahn these days is by Facebook messenger or just head over and say hi lol.