GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

Castrol Edge Euro formula - Canada Edition

Blakcard

Go Kart Champion
So I stroll on over to local Canadian tire to get the usual European Formula Control Edge 0W-40 (it's on sale for $33) only they don't have any 5L bottles. Only 1L bottles. I check with 3 other locations and nadda. Seems Castrol has chosen to replace with 5W-40. Still meets 505/00/505 ACEA A3/B3.... But what gives?

It's for the wife's Tiggy..... But I wonder if it's time for me to change? After all I am over 300Km now..... Hmmmmm

Blakcard

Go Kart Champion
Hmmmm they have their own Motomaster Formula 1 European formula 0W-40 full synthetic for $26 but don't feel like being a guinea pig... today.

AM407

Ready to race!
Hmm, my local CT is showing the 0W40 as “on clearance” with only two 5L jugs left. Guess I should stock up before it’s gone.

I also noticed that the last jug I bought was made in Germany. It had been from Belgium for at least a couple years before that.

Thanks for the heads up.

AM407

Ready to race!
Did an online order for the last two at my local store. Hope they’re actually there when I can make it in to pick them up.

I see the Deerfoot store in Calgary is showing 30 in stock, but they want $44. Cochrane has 20 at $50. Sounds like they’ve stocked up for people who really want it.

I paid the usual sale price of $29 at my store (assuming I get them.) Think I’ve got a couple jugs in the garage already, so should be good for a couple years before I have to switch to something else. Not a huge deal, just that I’ve always used the Castrol.

AM407

Ready to race!
Well, local store cancelled my online order, saying they had none in stock.

Okotoks store has a bunch at $29, so I ordered 5. Guess we’ll see how that goes.

Just checked, and I have three jugs in the garage now, so with another five I should be good for four years!