GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Catback decisions

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
Leaning towards HPA Quadpack but also looking at Miltek resonated. Anyone have experience with either? Any reliability or fitment issues? :unsure:

Thanks in advanced

Thumper

Autocross Champion
I'm normally not a proponent of expensive exhaust systems, unless they are titanium or bring something to the party other than just being pipes welded together for a premium.

That quadpack brings some interesting engineering and design, not sure about all the welds though some look to avoid bends but some are just Frankenstein like joining pipes together.

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
That quadpack brings some interesting engineering and design, not sure about all the welds though some look to avoid bends but some are just Frankenstein like joining pipes together.

Thanks for the reply. I feel you on the price thing when it's mostly for the sound. However, because I'm looking for something that's more subdued, it seems like options are limited. pretty much everything I've seen that's sub $1k is non-resonated..

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Do a resonator delete and save the cash for more power!!

Thumper

Autocross Champion
Thanks for the reply. I feel you on the price thing when it's mostly for the sound. However, because I'm looking for something that's more subdued, it seems like options are limited. pretty much everything I've seen that's sub $1k is non-resonated..

The other problem is sound clips are not very helpful as so many variables on how and where they were filmed affect the sound.

When you say subdued you mean factory-ish but louder? Resonator delete on the factory catback might work for you. That would be a couple hundred bucks or less to have someone cut it off and weld in a new pipe. At the very least might be worth a try just to see if you like it, if not then you can go back to looking for a new system.

SHABAZZ X

Passed Driver's Ed
When you say subdued you mean factory-ish but louder? Resonator delete on the factory catback might work for you.

yep, just looking for an increase in rumble without killing my ears. Hadn’t heard of the resonator delete tho. I’ll look into that plus maybe some black tips 🤔

Thumper

Autocross Champion
yep, just looking for an increase in rumble without killing my ears. Hadn’t heard of the resonator delete tho. I’ll look into that plus maybe some black tips 🤔

You just go to an exhaust shop and ask them to cut out the resonator and weld in a new pipe. Shouldn't be costly.

APRs tips state they fit a 2.5" pipe, I'm pretty sure the factory pipe is 2.5.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah like Thumper said. Cost me $60 to have the resonator deleted and another $30 to have tips welded on that I supplied to them. APR tips should fit just fine. I went with these and they only cost me $30 at the time

Jones Exhaust

120BB4AC-E0CF-44B1-BBDA-93DE615E2DB1.jpeg

GolNat

Autocross Champion
D74A2B3A-2E65-45F3-9B3F-83090D04CFC1.jpeg

A benefit to an actual exhaust is you get ride if the ugly suitcase muffler but I kinda like that it looks more OEM now that I am K04. Sleeper status.
D73F5E35-3EA5-4C86-A2A3-F89714C2D8BB.jpeg