GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Ceramic Tints - South Florida

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
Any of you know and/or recommend a great tint shop in Miami / Ft. Lauderdale that has and can tint ceramics like Huper Optik and/or Formula One? The one I go to does not have what I need at this moment. Word is welcomed here! :thumbsup:

THX-1138

Passed Driver's Ed
ceramic tints? what are they? how beneficial are they?

Yes, they use ceramics instead of the typical dyes that normal tints have. The ceramic tints like Huper Optik does not interfere with my aftermarket GPS, placed on the dashboard, or with the AM or FM reception of the Radio. The heat of the sun is greatly diminished by as much as 80%. This means that your GTI will be noticeably cooler on a typical HOT Miami day when parked out in the sun. It also does not reduce your visibility from inside the car compared to similar dyed tints.:thumbsup:

SnowWhiteMKVI

ive heard of the 3M tints but never these ceramic ones. i will look into for you and see. i live in miami ill call some spots.

chino246

Ready to race!
i got tints done at Solar Tint by Tamiami Airport. Lifetime warantee for discoloration and bubbles, cracks etc. Address 13525 sw 137th ave. i forget what tint I have on the car but it's the most expensive one. I believe it's the ceramic one. i know it's the one that reduces the most heat and won't affect your SIRIUS Radio signal. I think I paid about $230 for the whole car. they don't take appointments, first come first serve, so find out when they open and get there 10 miutes before so you're first. Tints are computer cut and i have used them for my past 3 cars, no issues.

chino246

Ready to race!
Oh and BTW, the visibility from the inside is great, mind you I don't have the darkest tint (which i regret a little) but it does keep the car cool and does not hinder my night driving visibility....