GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chance for a MFactory Rear LSD for Golf R/A3/TT

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
I got it back into the shop to make the adjustment. The noise and vibration from the rear are gone and it drives smooth around town, but now I have a vibration through the steering wheel above 70mph. Guessing that's a separate issue, but still...it's frustrating.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I got it back into the shop to make the adjustment. The noise and vibration from the rear are gone and it drives smooth around town, but now I have a vibration through the steering wheel above 70mph. Guessing that's a separate issue, but still...it's frustrating.
Damn. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the new vibration is something simple like a lost wheel weight.

rabbit-gti-guy

I did get this installed in my Audi. The LSD has helped with allowing the end to swing into a turn. The rear end feels like it snaps into place right at the end of the turn. I am a fan of this upgrade.

Toss in a Van Der Veer Engineering Haldex Controller and the car can get through the turns and twisties very well. I am looking forward to track time and canyon carving time very soon.

I am a few weeks in a no issues with the LSD, noise, vibrations so I feel fortunate. I hope you get your NVHs figured out TimS.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
My issues were down to the installation, and the current vibration seems to be unrelated (it's through the steering wheel) - I'm happy with the rear LSD so far.

Now that I've been able to push it a little bit, the car does seem to track better in cornering, especially accelerating out of a turn. I'm still not sure I'd have spent the money on it if I didn't already need a new diff, but I'm happy with it being in the car.