GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Chance for a MFactory Rear LSD for Golf R/A3/TT

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
If you are interested in the Rear Diff, please PM MFactory directly with how many you would want. I know we are close to the number need to do the group buy.
i'm curious what the stock one is (clutch? torsen?) and i assume mfactory's is a clutch

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Factory is open, mfactory would be torsen
well damn. we don't have a center diff, and front is lsd correct?

what's the cost on these mfactory diffs? and there should be some period of testing and tweaking and such, idk if i want to take that risk on a race car, even if the rear is open. this should be the same thing as for the tts correct?

Last edited:

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Tts will be the same, oem front is open also. No center diff, haldex is a clutch system that allows some slip to be able to corner. Mfactory is reputable so I wouldnt worry

Front I have a wavetrac as they are the only easy to get dq500 diff in the states at the moment.

well damn. we don't have a center diff, and front is lsd correct?

what's the cost on these mfactory diffs? and there should be some period of testing and tweaking and such, idk if i want to take that risk on a race car, even if the rear is open. this should be the same thing as for the tts correct?

kyoo

Go Kart Newbie
Tts will be the same, oem front is open also. No center diff, haldex is a clutch system that allows some slip to be able to corner. Mfactory is reputable so I wouldnt worry

Front I have a wavetrac as they are the only easy to get dq500 diff in the states at the moment.

well damn, open all over then.

mfactory is great i've of course heard of them - not as much about the rep as it is about testing/running a brand new product that hasn't been through iterations. still, i MAY be interested. how much?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
so is this project coming through? If so, I am in!! I would appreciate to have a functional LSD in my MK6 R.
This project is long dead. There's a shop in Austria that does conversions of Mk4 Wavetracs into later housings, it costs close to $6000 to get one to the US. There's also a guy on vortex who did it, but I'm not sure if he's doing it for other people or he just did it to see if he could.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
OK, I was mistaken - it costs €3916.66 ($4655) to get one shipped to the US, including a €750 core charge.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
OK, I was mistaken - it costs €3916.66 ($4655) to get one shipped to the US, including a €750 core charge.
Too bad this couldn’t have been revived. I ran an MFactory on my
MKV GTI for 4 years, it was great and transformed the car at the track. I now have an R and would love to do MFactory front and rear LSD along with the Haldex race controller I am putting in. The front LSD for the R is only 750.

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
As I sort of alluded to in my last post, I got the one from Power Zone (I needed a new diff anyway, so the cost difference was considerably less for me). You can either send them your diff to rebuild, which has a ~12 week lead time from the time they receive yours, or you can pay them a core charge and have them send you a rebuilt unit; I took the latter option. I ordered it on September 8, and it arrived on November 15, so it was a little better than their quoted time.

The guys there are great to deal with, very helpful and willing to answer any questions. I won't know the quality of their work until it's in the car and running, but it spins freely by hand, so I have some faith. The car is currently in the shop getting it installed, I'll report back after it's done.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
As I sort of alluded to in my last post, I got the one from Power Zone (I needed a new diff anyway, so the cost difference was considerably less for me). You can either send them your diff to rebuild, which has a ~12 week lead time from the time they receive yours, or you can pay them a core charge and have them send you a rebuilt unit; I took the latter option. I ordered it on September 8, and it arrived on November 15, so it was a little better than their quoted time.

The guys there are great to deal with, very helpful and willing to answer any questions. I won't know the quality of their work until it's in the car and running, but it spins freely by hand, so I have some faith. The car is currently in the shop getting it installed, I'll report back after it's done.
I’m in for results.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
This project is long dead. There's a shop in Austria that does conversions of Mk4 Wavetracs into later housings, it costs close to $6000 to get one to the US. There's also a guy on vortex who did it, but I'm not sure if he's doing it for other people or he just did it to see if he could.
I might have missed it, but do you have a link to that Austrian shop?

TimS

Go Kart Newbie
It's still in the shop getting UM tuned. They said they ran into some trouble with the install, but they didn't elaborate and didn't ask for authorization for any more work, so I guess it was minor and they took care of it. It may not have even had anything to do with the diff. Will report back when I eventually get the car back.