GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changes are coming

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Everyone,

In the coming days, we are planning a big move of this forum to the Xenforo platform. We think its going to help keep the site more up to date going down the line as vBulletin simply isn't getting updated anymore the way it used to.

In the same process we will be integrating MK6 closer with the other Golf forums (MKV, MK7, MK8). What this means is that your user account will be shared between all four sites. I think that will be a major bonus

What this all means for you?
#1: Align Your E-mail Address between all the sites
If you do have accounts on the other GOLFMK sites, make sure that you align the e-mail addresses between all your accounts. All the user accounts will get merged based on your e-mail address. What this will mean is that your post-count and reputations will be based on the cumulative from all the sites, so you are going to want to maximize that!

#2: Take notes of your favorite threads / subscriptions
Its not clear if subscriptions will carry over correctly, as the URLs to threads will change. So write down the title of the thread and maybee the thread starter's name somewhere so you can trace your way back to the thread via search or google. Hopefully the integration will be smooth and this wont be a major problem, but no promises!

Current Status:
Sites merged:
GOLFMKv.com
GOLFMK8.com

mkv_martinez

Go Kart Champion
This is pretty exciting. Any ideas which username will carry over?

I used to go by MKV_Martinez on that forum with my old car.

I really hope merging the forums breathes new life into them. Since Mkv and MKvi are so similar I hope people start cross-posting more often and give more discussion.

torga

Autocross Champion
Is this essentially going to make it a bit closer to VWVortex?

Edit: Actually I have a question/concern. Will we still be able to use Tapatalk to browse/comment on the forum? I just tried to access golfmkv on Tapatalk and it refused to load anything.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
I tried to log into my golfmk8 account and cannot reset my password...

EDIT: disregard, all good.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Not going to lie, vBulletin is kind of stale in 2019.

Any plans to just merge all the forums too? With separate forums, it's kind of like we're different cars!

Gulfer

Administrator
Staff member
Well... welcome to the new xenforo site! :) We are still working on alot of stuff on the back-end so there will be some changes still yet to come, but its a start...

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I'd like to thank those who did the hard work of migrating to this new site. It looks good & I'm sure in time even this old guy will figure it out.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Can you not go to desktop version while on mobile? Maybe I’m just not seeing how to change it.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Well... welcome to the new xenforo site! :) We are still working on alot of stuff on the back-end so there will be some changes still yet to come, but its a start...

Is there a way to get rid of the (huge list of) rules taking up 1/2 of the page on every page???