GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing Springs on SoloWerks S1 coilovers?

Bsclly

Hey guys, wanting to go lower in the front and I'm unsure about it.

I want to do a 5 inch spring with a 20k+ spring rate, that much I know.

However, I'm not sure what other dimensions I need. SoloWerks apparently has their spring specs within Fort Knox, I can't find any information on them anywhere.

Any help from people that have done this? Brands to recommend?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
20K+ damn.

The shocks are not valved for that kinda rate. I would just get a whole new setup.

Bsclly

@GolNat

Kinda what I figured. I'm doing a stancy boi build and feel like I kinda messed up getting SoloWerks, but hey they were my first coils and everyone makes mistakes.

Thanks for the info!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yes racelands will get you that stance boy look for cheap. BC's can go rather low but more money and H&R make an ultra low kit but even more money.

Bsclly

SoloWerks have a 3 year warranty as well. I think I'm going to go either BC's or the H&R Ultra Lows. I don't mind paying the extra as long as it's worth it!

drval85

Go Kart Newbie
Check up on the warranties. I know H&R used to be lifetime, now it’s only 1 year on ultra lows. Mine started leaking badly, and they no longer rebuild them. Only option was to replace with new.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
BC offers an upgrade to Swift springs and you can order custom spring rates and they will valve the shocks accordingly.