GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Changing the Blue Coloured insert in bonnet grille and iqlights

AndyD

Hi there
I have a kings Red gte on order and the blue stripes on the bonnet grille and within the headlights are something I would want to change to be red like the gti
Does anyone have any experience of changing these coloured stripes/inserts.on the headlights I suspect I might need to find a gti that has been in a rear end insurance write off

AndyD

So in other words change this
4F287C89-8773-407F-A2FA-17735CA36AB8.jpeg

To this
558D3C8B-FABB-41E7-B041-F98D46489318.jpeg

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
what lights do you have? Matrix?
Great let me know if you find a Golf 8 Gti written off , looking for some parts too😉

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Hi there
I have a kings Red gte on order and the blue stripes on the bonnet grille and within the headlights are something I would want to change to be red like the gti
Does anyone have any experience of changing these coloured stripes/inserts.on the headlights I suspect I might need to find a gti that has been in a rear end insurance write off

When the time comes to sell the car, prospective buyers could be a little suspicious of a GTE with GTI lights and grille fitted - it could suggest that it had been involved in a front end impact and had been repaired with the wrong parts. Also, my car OCD would struggle with a red grille and headlight stripe when the other GTE accents are blue (GTE grille badge and tailgate badge, insert on steering wheel, inserts on upper sides of front seat back rests).

As you suggest, you’d either need to find a mk8 GTI write off or buy the parts new from a VW dealer and I suspect VW dealer sourced new parts would be horrendously expensive. Alternatively, could you apply a red vinyl wrap to the blue stripe on the headlights and the grille? That would be cheap to achieve and easily to remove and return the car back to OEM when the time comes to sell it.

AndyD

Good point I suppose I’m the one with OCD with my aversion to seeing all the clashing colours - at least the brake callipers are red as I notice other models have made those blue on the gte😀

i should add I was proposing to take the gte badge off front grill and boot

My ideal car would be a gte in the lapis blue of the R model then stripe, grille and callipers would all be a blue of some description. I’ll probably go colour blind soon and all this won’t matter to me any more😀