GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cheap Labor, Pittsburgh Area

sticksabuser

Ready to race!
Do you feel comfortable helping with work on something that's not an mk6 gti? Just curious for now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Do you feel comfortable helping with work on something that's not an mk6 gti? Just curious for now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yessir. I've done work on pretty much everything you can imagine. Since I've been in Pittsburgh it's mainly been MK5/6's, and I did suspension on an ST a while ago. But I grew up in a shop from the time I was like 10. Nothing is an issue.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Had nick work on my car today, highly recommended. Super cool dude too. Will be back soon for more work!

Thanks man!

too bad his GTI is slow as shit and has a leaky exhaust... :D

It is indeed slow, but no leaking exhaust....I do know another GTI with an exhaust leak though... :D
BTW, I was swamped this week. If you want to swing by Tuesday I should be free and I'll throw that insert in. Shoot me a text.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Here's a few pics of what came off GTI Pittsburgh's valves.

First, this is only what came off of the air separator places. Not even the valves, just the plates.

This is the best pic I could get when the valves were done. Came out nice and shinny clean!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
Damn, looks like I just got done scraping the grill after doing some BBQing LOL. Good stuff!

Need to figure out whats sucking power off my battery and how. Eventually get an alignment (getting subframe creaking/shifting again). Then schedule my K04 time!!! I still want to do that UB at some point as well.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Ha! thanks, it definitely needs a tune and some upgrades. I've got the bug and hopefully the money to back it up soon.

No exhaust leaks that I'm aware of though...

In due time the upgrades will come! Haha. Shoot me a text when you get the tensioner parts! And he was making fun of me, not you. But he is the only one with an exhaust leak :D

Damn, looks like I just got done scraping the grill after doing some BBQing LOL. Good stuff!

Need to figure out whats sucking power off my battery and how. Eventually get an alignment (getting subframe creaking/shifting again). Then schedule my K04 time!!! I still want to do that UB at some point as well.

They came out REALLY nice! I've done quite a few cleanings and I think I finally have the best method down pat as his come out sqeaky clean.

When you get your other stuff figured out shoot me a text and we can figure out the turbo install. Kind of tied up for most of August, but just shoot me a message or something and we can nail down a time when you are ready.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
They came out REALLY nice! I've done quite a few cleanings and I think I finally have the best method down pat as his come out sqeaky clean.

When you get your other stuff figured out shoot me a text and we can figure out the turbo install. Kind of tied up for most of August, but just shoot me a message or something and we can nail down a time when you are ready.

Sounds good. Quick question, when you were K04 which TOP did you run? I want to grab the Neuspeed K04 pipe but I'm seeing mixed posts about fitment issues. Would hate to put shitty pancake pipe back on. Suggestions? All I need is that and the install kit and I'm ready... well and the tune of course.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Sounds good. Quick question, when you were K04 which TOP did you run? I want to grab the Neuspeed K04 pipe but I'm seeing mixed posts about fitment issues. Would hate to put shitty pancake pipe back on. Suggestions? All I need is that and the install kit and I'm ready... well and the tune of course.

I've run the AWE since I was stock turbo. Neuspeed makes two versions, one for stock turbo and one for K04. The stock turbo one does work though, but it is TIGHT. Make sure to get the one specified for the K04. And do yourself a favor and make sure to get one that deletes the stupid clip in O-ring adapter thing. Worst thing I ever did was keep that.

Let me know when you get the rest of the stuff and we can set up a date for me to get covered in G12 taking the old one out. LOL. FYI, make sure you get a gallon of G12 as well, as you lose just about all of it when disconnecting the coolant line from the turbo.

GoodTimesIndeed

Go Kart Champion
I've run the AWE since I was stock turbo. Neuspeed makes two versions, one for stock turbo and one for K04. The stock turbo one does work though, but it is TIGHT. Make sure to get the one specified for the K04. And do yourself a favor and make sure to get one that deletes the stupid clip in O-ring adapter thing. Worst thing I ever did was keep that.

Let me know when you get the rest of the stuff and we can set up a date for me to get covered in G12 taking the old one out. LOL. FYI, make sure you get a gallon of G12 as well, as you lose just about all of it when disconnecting the coolant line from the turbo.

Thats what I meant, the Neuspeed K04 version. I saw some post talking about the fitment being questionable. I guess I'll buy one and see what happens.

Took a quick glance at the AWE version. Not sure if it was ihi or K04 though. It looked like it still uses the snap ring though. Up until this point I've never had an issue with that ring, its the clamp after that which holds the hose going to the intercooler that I blew off a few times.

I have a bottle of coolant already so that's a bonus. New plugs too.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Thats what I meant, the Neuspeed K04 version. I saw some post talking about the fitment being questionable. I guess I'll buy one and see what happens.

Took a quick glance at the AWE version. Not sure if it was ihi or K04 though. It looked like it still uses the snap ring though. Up until this point I've never had an issue with that ring, its the clamp after that which holds the hose going to the intercooler that I blew off a few times.

I have a bottle of coolant already so that's a bonus. New plugs too.

The AWE worked on both my stock turbo and IHI without issue. And they make (or did make) both a clip connection and a non clip connection version.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Updated the timing tensioner in "Pittsburgh gti's" car Sunday morning. No more ticking time bomb!

Also installed this smoothed/painted and flapper delete manifold in a mk5 Friday.

Get your installs in before h20!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
Installed a Southbend drop in disk in a local stage 2 MK6 Sunday morning! I'm basically all set up to easily do clutches now if anyone else is interested.

Goodtimes scheduled for a K04 install next month, and the above MK5 scheduled for an LSD and clutch next month as well. Get your installs in before H20!