GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat 18: CAR MODS GALORE; CAR PROBLEMS GALORE

Status
Not open for further replies.

clownish

just clowning around
I just received a very kind message from BFI regarding my catch can. I now have a warm, fuzzy chub for them again.

I’ve got my eye on their TTRS front brake upgrade kit when it comes time to upgrade my brakes.

Eh... piece it together yourself. I’ve done it twice now and it’s so easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I just received a very kind message from BFI regarding my catch can. I now have a warm, fuzzy chub for them again.

I’ve got my eye on their TTRS front brake upgrade kit when it comes time to upgrade my brakes.

please give me 5 minutes to talk you out of a ttrs kit and into a proper bbk like a wilwood or stoptech kit.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Shower sex doeeee.

Just watch out for them shower doors. They break.

Shower sex is a total fail. It seems like it would be awesome but it's cramped, no way to get a good angle without someone drowning (maybe you're into that... not judging.), and it works against lubrication.

Phur

Autocross Champion
please give me 5 minutes to talk you out of a ttrs kit and into a proper bbk like a wilwood or stoptech kit.

How much money is it to upgrade vs keeping stock size? Will it result in uneven braking force front to back?

Phur

Autocross Champion

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
How much money is it to upgrade vs keeping stock size? Will it result in uneven braking force front to back?

Anywhere from $1-$2k depending if you buy new vs used and what kit you go with. TTRS you can piece together for around 600 I think used. The bbks that are designed to work with our cars dont upset the balance like a ttrs or those 17z/18z do. ttrs are very heavy too if youre concerned with unsprung weight

Dubya had ttrs brakes before his stoptech kit. Thoughts?

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
No clue really, I barely watch tv and when I do my go to is king of the hill. One of these days I'll slow down and actually relax long enough to watch a show.

yeah im rewatching black sails now. good production it's like watching a really long movie.

clownish

just clowning around
I actually kinda disagree. If you’re dailyinf your car, a stoptech or wilwood isn’t nearly as good as oem+. A ttrs or rs6 bbk retrofit doesn’t upset the balance. Not that these these lower tier bbks that aren’t really designed for dailying do but their wear components aren’t going to be great in the long run. If you’re tracking it mostly - yes they’re great. But as a compromise I stilll would say that a oem+ set up is the way to go. And not a 17 or 18z because those are very old designs. I’m not advocating a ttrs specifically - any nice oem+ set up is a good cheaper alternative on a daily than a fully fledged bbk unless you are just garaging it most of the time - in which case have at it. The brembo GT kit which is sort of around 5500 looks amazing...

Status
Not open for further replies.