GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
I want to order some sunglasses and I found a pair of oakleys I like. I have to get prescription glasses so I'm torn between using a wholesale site that's probably just using cheap chinese lenses vs the more expensive authentic oakley lenses. I could probably get 2 pairs of glasses from a wholesale site for less than what it would cost to have oakley lenses.

The glasses I'm using now I've had for over a couple years. They're just cheap ones from zenni optical. The only problem is the blue mirror tint looks like shit after 2 years. It's all chipped up and flaking off. I want to do the mirror tint again but I wonder if I'd have better luck with the authentic oakley lenses.

I used one of those "Mail in your glasses to get prescription lenses put in them" services last year as I had more $ left in my FSA than would roll over in to this year. I did two pair - one set of aviators for lenses without mirror, and a set of more athletic glasses for lenses with blue mirror. The aviators came back great but I had a hell of a time with the mirrors. Took weeks of pestering them as to where my glasses were (think ECS-level frustration) and then they arrived with a couple of defects. Tinting wasn't consistent throughout the lens, mirror was okay but I was hoping for something closer to the OEM look (looks different in person than on their website), there's an optical distortion in the left lens. Thought about doing a return to "get it right" but with how long they took the first time I decided to just live with them - I don't use them for driving or anything, just hanging out in the back yard/on the beach/runs around the neighborhood.

This year I am going to do Smiths with authentic prescription lenses so that I know the mirror will come out well.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I used one of those "Mail in your glasses to get prescription lenses put in them" services last year as I had more $ left in my FSA than would roll over in to this year. I did two pair - one set of aviators for lenses without mirror, and a set of more athletic glasses for lenses with blue mirror. The aviators came back great but I had a hell of a time with the mirrors. Took weeks of pestering them as to where my glasses were (think ECS-level frustration) and then they arrived with a couple of defects. Tinting wasn't consistent throughout the lens, mirror was okay but I was hoping for something closer to the OEM look (looks different in person than on their website), there's an optical distortion in the left lens. Thought about doing a return to "get it right" but with how long they took the first time I decided to just live with them - I don't use them for driving or anything, just hanging out in the back yard/on the beach/runs around the neighborhood.

This year I am going to do Smiths with authentic prescription lenses so that I know the mirror will come out well.

The tint on mine actually came out pretty good. Back in March I dropped them and the first thing to hit the ground was the lenses. It immediately scratched them and ever since they've slowly been getting worse. I got about a year and 8 months out of them before I started having problems though.

I've seen some comments saying the oakley lenses are pretty good, but I have a hard time spending that much on glasses...even though they get used every day and I take them with me everywhere I go.

The ziggys are the same style I'm looking at. https://www.oakley.com/en-us/product/W0OX8156

A lot like what I have now. These are only like $108 for the frame and prescription lenses.
1606334634393.png

Phur

Autocross Champion
I’m thinking about getting some new prescription sunglasses too. I have some brown lens Ray-Ban aviators that I have had for years. I heard about Dillon sunglasses on Smoking Tire and checked those out... pretty cool. The lenses are matte.
https://dillonoptics.com/collection

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I’m thinking about getting some new prescription sunglasses too. I have some brown lens Ray-Ban aviators that I have had for years. I heard about Dillon sunglasses on Smoking Tire and checked those out... pretty cool. The lenses are matte.
https://dillonoptics.com/collection

I've seen him wearing them and thought they were pretty cool. Gotta email or talk to someone get a price on prescription lenses lol, I bet those things are $600 after adding a prescription.

Phur

Autocross Champion
I've seen him wearing them and thought they were pretty cool. Gotta email or talk to someone get a price on prescription lenses lol, I bet those things are $600 after adding a prescription.
Yeah, I’ve been too busy with work and homework to contact them.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I can't speak for prescription glasses but I just buy cheap ones cause I either lose them or break them. Had a nice set of rayban wayfarer that I lost a couple years ago while disc golfing.. Still sad about that.

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Happy Thanksgiving to all you bastards! Don't drink and drive and have a wonderful day!

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Happy Thanksgiving to all.

smoked bird
1A71283A-420F-42D8-94EB-00B0CFDB2C52.jpeg

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.