GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I like them, kinda wanted a wide body a while back. I bought a new 2016 Ram 2500, and they gave me a FB market place offer when I tried to trade it in. It was like 10k under what I wanted lmao
After just having the Widebody for 1.5 months....I got lucky and they gave me what I owed on the car because of the (inflated) used car market & the demand for them.
Got into the new one (fully loaded) for a lower payment, $0 down/out of pocket, and ended up getting a check back in the end for just over $500 too.

Hell, the 2019 Scat Pack I traded in towards the '20 Widebody in August...I made $3800 on that car because of the used car market too.

It all worked out (IMO)

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Which coils?
I have my eyes on a few brands. being in new england i have little confidence in the expensive ones NOT corroding, so I'll trend towards the less expensive ones just yet.

Solowerks is probably what i'll end up with.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Beautiful Charger @snobrdrdan they are very popular around me and for good reason. Someone at work has a blacked out Challenger that is super sexy. The sound they make is awesome too.

Hand down best coilovers for salt are KW’s. Not cheap but that INOX is on another level. I bought a used set and once I cleaned them after a few years of use they only looked slightly used when I sold them.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Hope everyone had an alright Tanksgivin. Anyone doing some BF/CM shopping? I had set aside some dough for an upgrade this year and can't decide what to use it on. Shocks+Struts to finish up my suspension refresh and lower the car, or upgrade from Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 56/5800?

Not a lot of solid deals out there on struts and not a lot of stock on the CPUs...

Get yourself set up on the StockDrops discord. I am keeping my eye out for a 5900

I have my eyes on a few brands. being in new england i have little confidence in the expensive ones NOT corroding, so I'll trend towards the less expensive ones just yet.

Solowerks is probably what i'll end up with.

Seconded for Solo's.

I think I might pick up a set of the Neuspeed RSE 142s, how long is the sale on for?

Sale actually runs until 1/3/2021 as far as I know.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Hope everyone had an alright Tanksgivin. Anyone doing some BF/CM shopping? I had set aside some dough for an upgrade this year and can't decide what to use it on. Shocks+Struts to finish up my suspension refresh and lower the car, or upgrade from Ryzen 2600 -> Ryzen 56/5800?

Not a lot of solid deals out there on struts and not a lot of stock on the CPUs...
That would be a mighty upgrade! I'm happy with my current R7 3700X, I don't think I'll upgrade til next gen. I do have my sights on a 3080 GPU, but I'm not expecting stock to be stable until Feb/Mar at the earliest -- I'll worry about it then.
I was in your boat too, I need to get a better monitor for my setup, but instead I jumped on a suspension deal.

Hand down best coilovers for salt are KW’s. Not cheap but that INOX is on another level. I bought a used set and once I cleaned them after a few years of use they only looked slightly used when I sold them.
What grease would you recommend for the threads? Or does the INOX even take care of that?

torga

Autocross Champion
Again, get setup on the StockDrops discord. I see 3070s and 3080s back in stock almost daily every day of the week. I am waiting on a 6800xt.
Thanks! I'm also kinda financially counting on turning my attention to one in the spring -- I've got a few other things that are more of a priority now. I've got a 2070 Super, so I'm not dyin' over here.

torga

Autocross Champion

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
I need a new monitor, gpu, motherboard, more ram, processor, ssd. So basically I need a new computer. Like my current one can handle the games I play. I'd just like it to be more stable and look nicer with better graphics.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Again, get setup on the StockDrops discord. I see 3070s and 3080s back in stock almost daily every day of the week. I am waiting on a 6800xt.

I'm on something like that, get pings when the 56 or 58 comes back in stock at places. Split second thing, though. I actually had a Newegg bundle in my cart last night but they had old card info...by the time I put in the new card it was OOS.

On a 2600 with a 5700xt and 1440/144. Definitely a little GPU constrained right now but I've seen a huge improvement in frames just by going back to an overclock - had reverted to help with stability when the 5x00 drivers were poo. Hoping that a boost to cpu power will firmly put the bottleneck on the GPU side.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
ole YouTube led me to a 2021 Mazda 3 turbo vid, what you guys think about those?

Honestly I bought my GTI because at the time there wasn't any hint of an M3T on the horizon, only ever rumors. I think it's a good looking car. At 2.5L in a 4CYL I wouldn't be surprised if there's a good bit more juice to squeeze out of it, and it's got some form of 4wd which is cool. EDIT - I think DSG in the GTI is so incredibly fun and I wouldn't want to go back to a silly up/down side knob in an auto trans. The Mazda says it's got paddle shifters but I'm fairly sure they're just auto trans accessories vs the dual clutch of the DSG

Last edited:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Honestly I bought my GTI because at the time there wasn't any hint of an M3T on the horizon, only ever rumors. I think it's a good looking car. At 2.5L in a 4CYL I wouldn't be surprised if there's a good bit more juice to squeeze out of it, and it's got some form of 4wd which is cool.

Was bored and went to go check one out at the dealership. The one thing I don't really like about the styling is the rear quarter area/lack of side window. Saw on the mazda site some sort of OE aero kit, but it didn't have any pictures.
IMG_3537.JPG