GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yeah Idk if it's because we are a small state or if our governor is just being proactive.

I feel bad for the none essential people. It's going to be rough for them. I am considered essential personal since I work at a food manufacturing plant. After working 5 weeks straight I could use a week or so off but I am thankful to still be working.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Yeah Idk if it's because we are a small state or if our governor is just being proactive.

I feel bad for the none essential people. It's going to be rough for them. I am considered essential personal since I work at a food manufacturing plant. After working 5 weeks straight I could use a week or so off but I am thankful to still be working.

I feel like the stuff is everywhere right now, so I get it. We have a salesman that was out for almost 3 weeks as he recovered. No idea what he had, it could have been covid19. It was bad enough he went to get his chest x-rayed. They tested him for flu and it was negative, so he asked about being tested for covid19 and they told him he doesn't qualify. He hadn't left the country recently...so he didn't qualify...Whatever it was it took him out pretty hard though.

My sister works at a big grocery store and my mom pulled her out for now, she has a little autism so momma still really takes cares of her. Dunno if she'll still have a job.

My uncle is another one of our salesmen and he took the day off today saying he was having congestion issues. His daughter is home from college, or well she was staying at my grandpas empty house with a bunch of her friends, and I think I heard one of them had a cough.

Our last salesman was coughing today and went home early. Could just be allergy problems for him.

My mom works at a small doctors office, it's a husband and wife, their daughter, and then they have just a couple employees. I guess their whole family has been sick and spreading it to each other over the last couple weeks. They think there's a chance it could be covid19 so they plan on getting tested tomorrow. If they can even get tested? They'll have to shut down completely if that comes back positive. My dad runs the dealership, so if her bosses have it, she has it, he has it...lol

None of us are showing symptoms though.

Could all just be regular colds and flus or it sounds like everybody reacts to it different, so it could be corvid19 or you could be carrying it and not ever show any symptoms. There's pretty much no tests so you really don't know where it is.

Sales has been pretty slow for us. It's probably the best time to get a deal honestly. We're more concerned about payroll than making a profit right now. The tax collector office closed down for the next 2 weeks so we can't even register anyones boat until they're open again, and they made no promises of being open again after 2 weeks. I've got at least 8 registrations I can't get done right now.

Service has been pretty though. Just before I left for the day someone came in like, I'm goin crazy sitting at home all day, I need you guys to service my boat. I think they're actually talking about closing the boat ramps now because of how busy it's been on the water.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I feel like the stuff is everywhere right now, so I get it. We have a salesman that was out for almost 3 weeks as he recovered. No idea what he had, it could have been covid19. It was bad enough he went to get his chest x-rayed. They tested him for flu and it was negative, so he asked about being tested for covid19 and they told him he doesn't qualify. He hadn't left the country recently...so he didn't qualify...Whatever it was it took him out pretty hard though.

My sister works at a big grocery store and my mom pulled her out for now, she has a little autism so momma still really takes cares of her. Dunno if she'll still have a job.

My uncle is another one of our salesmen and he took the day off today saying he was having congestion issues. His daughter is home from college, or well she was staying at my grandpas empty house with a bunch of her friends, and I think I heard one of them had a cough.

Our last salesman was coughing today and went home early. Could just be allergy problems for him.

My mom works at a small doctors office, it's a husband and wife, their daughter, and then they have just a couple employees. I guess their whole family has been sick and spreading it to each other over the last couple weeks. They think there's a chance it could be covid19 so they plan on getting tested tomorrow. If they can even get tested? They'll have to shut down completely if that comes back positive. My dad runs the dealership, so if her bosses have it, she has it, her has it...lol

None of us are showing symptoms though.

Could all just be regular colds and flus or it sounds like everybody reacts to it different, so it could be corvid19 or you could be carrying it and not ever show any symptoms. There's pretty much no tests so you really don't know where it is.

Sales has been pretty slow for us. It's probably the best time to get a deal honestly. We're more concerned about payroll than making a profit right now. The tax collector office closed down for the next 2 weeks so we can't even register anyones boat until they're open again, and they made no promises of being open again after 2 weeks. I've got at least 8 registrations I can't get done right now.

Service has been pretty though. Just before I left for the day someone came in like, I'm goin crazy sitting at home all day, I need you guys to service my boat. I think they're actually talking about closing the boat ramps now because of how busy it's been on the water.

I’m sure it was Covid19 that he had. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been going around for months and people just didn’t know what it was. Unfortunately not having enough tests means they have to screen people so if you haven’t traveled then they won’t test you.

Man it sounds like you guys have a lot going on down there in FL. Stay safe man. Like you said it’s a toss up how this effects people. Some people it’s a mild cold other people are in ICU on oxygen. It’s one of those things that we just don’t know.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
Jay just gave his car a shot of penisillin. Gotta be safe in these times.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Roads are pretty empty out there, but people....please get out of the passing lane for faster approaching traffic. (y)

I cant see what you posted on my work computer but ive seen some of his videos , he has a very unique style , very interesting . Ben Raybourn too. I have no problem with people wearing helmets, but if he wants to make them cool he wold be wearing a Flyaway.
Hes got some mullen freestyle tricks too which is dope
???? that's loxs and capers.

Lol, good point. Yeah I looked it up and it's not as impressive as it was. I would rather buy an older one hands down. I'd go R8 or McLaren over the new NSX.
I can understand why people dont like lox and capers for sure

Oh yeah id choose r8 all day over nsx too, maybe the c8 now though
Agreed. Mise en place for most of my breakfast favorites can feel endless, but the final product is usually worth it. (Only on the weekends though.)
FU Acura, I’ll take a C8 vette thank you very much.

That sounds really good, but I can’t handle OJ anymore. It gives me instant heartburn.

I love them for eggs Benedict or crab cakes Benedict. ?
- C8 yes definitely would take over an acura nsx

- yeah i get GERD and post nasal drip, i hear ya on the heartburn

-Discovered eggs benedict a few years ago. Crab cakes Benedict sounds glorious . Bonefish grill has a great crab cake
I absolutely love how, every now and then, this thread just turns into "goddammit I love food" for two pages.
Lol well its true so yeah lol
What was on it? I just had cereal :(
Lox with capers, schmear and red onion on an onion bagel. Oh god.
Dude YES^
Eggs bacon cheese and a splash of hot sauce. Pretty basic.
Tapatio or Cholula for eggs imo
It’s kinda creepy how quiet the city is right now.
I wouldnt go anywhere near the city right now tbh, 28 days later vibes
That has got to be weird in the city.

It still looks the same to us country folk. State is on mandatory shutdown starting tomorrow until May 15th.
Wow
Wow, that's gotta be one of the longest I've heard of.
Thats what she said
I love a good chili cheese omelette
Chili cheese anything is good

torga

Autocross Champion

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
For some reason when I work from home I just forget to check here. I missed 13 pages lol.

Glad to see it sounds like everybody here still A-ok. Been nice not having a commute. My job hasn't slowed, wife's job considered "essential" so she's still going in.

Sunny outside. Been nice, go take racekar for short drive on lunch. Most of the Starbucks up here closed, have to venture a little further out but with the racekar it's not a problem. Nice mid-day break.