GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Trying to drum up as much side work as I can. Nobody wants to do anything right now. Glad you and the family aren't affected. Could always be worse. Rip anyone in the food/restaurant industry

Yeah I've been leaving 100% tips to the places I've been hitting on lunch, just for takeout now. We dined out heavy before the Pritzker ban and tipped heavy then too. But a lot of waitstaff are totally hosed. :(

# conspiracyBros
Pizza and Storms....

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Arbys gets a bad rap , they arent just beef n cheddas anymore they actually have decent sammiches.

Sterkrazzy you ever try the horsey sauce at Arbys?

Nah, I'm not big on horseradish. I'm surrounded by Wendys, Arbys, KFC, and McDonalds. Those are the only places within walking distance to me, and I've worked here for about 7 years now. I've had enough Arbys to never want to go there again. I'm on hiatus with Wendys right now. I haven't been able to eat their food without getting sick or being disgusted by their food lately. KFC is pretty meh so I go there less than once a month. I've been doing McDonalds a lot lately, and not to get too political, but I'm not happy with them fighting against sick pay right now so I haven't been going there either.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yeah I've been leaving 100% tips to the places I've been hitting on lunch, just for takeout now. We dined out heavy before the Pritzker ban and tipped heavy then too. But a lot of waitstaff are totally hosed. :(
Pizza and Storms....
We havent eaten out since the shelter in place order but yeah ill definitely be prioritizing local restaurants and tipping big...

Speaking of pizzas....i tried this brand a week ago...was very good actually for frozen pizza

Nah, I'm not big on horseradish. I'm surrounded by Wendys, Arbys, KFC, and McDonalds. Those are the only places within walking distance to me, and I've worked here for about 7 years now. I've had enough Arbys to never want to go there again. I'm on hiatus with Wendys right now. I haven't been able to eat their food without getting sick or being disgusted by their food lately. KFC is pretty meh so I go there less than once a month. I've been doing McDonalds a lot lately, and not to get too political, but I'm not happy with them fighting against sick pay right now so I haven't been going there either.
-I could see Arbys getting old real fast yeah. We buy their frozen curly fries . Beef and cheddar with arbys sauce is still my favorite.

-KFC on my ban list

-Wendys doesnt have anything that sets itself apart anymore...unless youre a baked potato or frosty type of guy .

-Mcdonalds fighting sick pay right now? ill look into it. Lame

Not many options in steerkrazy part of Florida, can confirm. Id probably eat at Fords garage once a week if i was you lol

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Not many options in steerkrazy part of Florida, can confirm. Id probably eat at Fords garage once a week if i was you lol

There's a Zaxbys, PDQ, and Culvers that aren't far away. I like those options a lot more. I just don't like wasting all that time driving somewhere and dealing with the crazy traffic. We got some really good sub options around here though. There's an italian meat market that's pretty much in walking distance, but the place is sooo busy all the time. The Jersey Mikes across the road is awesome, I've talked to the owner a bunch and I think he just does a really good job with his store. It's a franchise but they make it feel more personal. Firehouse subs also makes an awesome meatball sub, especially with a side of sauce to dip it in.

I brought a shitty lunch to work the last couple days. I've been talking about doing that for a long time, just need to put more effort into it. Today I think I'm gonna do Famous Daves again.

I found this one place that's only a couple minutes away that's pretty good. They're located in the middle of a retirement home so it's a bit weird going there. I told my dad and uncle about it and they tried to go there one time. They were walking towards the building and then turned around and went somewhere else. The place has hundreds of reviews and a 4.9 rating though. It's a really hole in the wall kind of place you would never expect to find and I don't think too many people know of it. I only went there once and had a turkey and avocado sandwich. It was amazing, but it was just what I needed that day, was so sick of greasy fast food.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
There's a Zaxbys, PDQ, and Culvers that aren't far away. I like those options a lot more. I just don't like wasting all that time driving somewhere and dealing with the crazy traffic. We got some really good sub options around here though. There's an italian meat market that's pretty much in walking distance, but the place is sooo busy all the time. The Jersey Mikes across the road is awesome, I've talked to the owner a bunch and I think he just does a really good job with his store. It's a franchise but they make it feel more personal. Firehouse subs also makes an awesome meatball sub, especially with a side of sauce to dip it in.

I brought a shitty lunch to work the last couple days. I've been talking about doing that for a long time, just need to put more effort into it. Today I think I'm gonna do Famous Daves again.

I found this one place that's only a couple minutes away that's pretty good. They're located in the middle of a retirement home so it's a bit weird going there. I told my dad and uncle about it and they tried to go there one time. They were walking towards the building and then turned around and went somewhere else. The place has hundreds of reviews and a 4.9 rating though. It's a really hole in the wall kind of place you would never expect to find and I don't think too many people know of it. I only went there once and had a turkey and avocado sandwich. It was amazing, but it was just what I needed that day, was so sick of greasy fast food.
Zaxbys looks good af

Culvers makes a good burger too yeah , i prefer it with bacon .

Never had firehouse subs, heard certain locations have hot sauce bars which sounds/sounded good for those who like hot sauces.

Meatball subs ftw, try adding hot giardenera to it

You should be eating cuban sammiches bro, they are literally everywhere down there. 10/10

Avocado ftw , such a good addition to sammiches

Be a tourist order the grouper sammich lol

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Never had firehouse subs, heard certain locations have hot sauce bars which sounds/sounded good for those who like hot sauces.

Meatball subs ftw, try adding hot giardenera to it

Yea I went not too long ago. Tons of hot sauce to try. Meatball probably the best sammich they have. Tried something else, can’t even remember. Also had Mac n cheese... maybe about a 5.3, not amazing.

Had JJ’s today. Bootlegger with Dijon, no mayo.

Jersey mikes steak/chicken philly pretty solid. Or club sammich.

Cubans always good. I actually got some south Florida food out of the freezer isle recently. Spicy Jamaican beef patties ?

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Yea I went not too long ago. Tons of hot sauce to try. Meatball probably the best sammich they have. Tried something else, can’t even remember. Also had Mac n cheese... maybe about a 5.3, not amazing.

Had JJ’s today. Bootlegger with Dijon, no mayo.

Jersey mikes steak/chicken philly pretty solid. Or club sammich.

Cubans always good. I actually got some south Florida food out of the freezer isle recently. Spicy Jamaican beef patties ?
They arent going to have the hot sauces out to try anymore .

I like a good italian sub, with basil/oregano olive oil balsamic blend on there...big fan of jersey mikes because of that. (slub sammich like you said)

JJ bootlegger, with Dijon was a solid choice sir

Cuban sandwiches are delicious on their own but more so if after some drinks or on the beach etc...the bread is really what makes it. We dont have any good cuban sandwiches round these parts

Jamacian beef patties? wuuuut. like jerk style or?

Ill have to try the philly at jersey mikes, never tried their hot food but your the second or possibly 3rd to claim the philly is good

Where did you pick up that pizza?
Woodmans, the ultimate grocery store lol

Probably the most dense pizza ive had from the store. They got some interesting flavors too.

0007192146286_0_A1C1_1200.png

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Jamacian beef patties? wuuuut. like jerk style or?

Ill have to try the philly at jersey mikes, never tried their hot food but your the second or possibly 3rd to claim the philly is good

Philly ain't the greatest but miles ahead of what other places claim to be a cheese steak... errr subway.

Beef patty is like a pastry type pocket with meat mixture inside. Caribbean food delights is the brand they have at wally world here. Tried to get one from a Jamaican restaurant in town once but they were out for the day. :-( It's like an adult uncrustable. Smoke a bowl, pop one in the microwave, good to go. :LOL:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion

Their philly is one of 2 sandwiches I always get from them, the other is roast beef and provolone done mikes way. When I order the philly I always do it with extra meat, light peppers and onions with a little bit of mayo added. Comes out fuckin perfect.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Philly ain't the greatest but miles ahead of what other places claim to be a cheese steak... errr subway.

Beef patty is like a pastry type pocket with meat mixture inside. Caribbean food delights is the brand they have at wally world here. Tried to get one from a Jamaican restaurant in town once but they were out for the day. :-( It's like an adult uncrustable. Smoke a bowl, pop one in the microwave, good to go. :LOL:
subway sucks

"adult uncrustable" - im not sure you couldve said it anymore perfect to explain it luls

"Hot Potket" amirite
Their philly is one of 2 sandwiches I always get from them, the other is roast beef and provolone done mikes way. When I order the philly I always do it with extra meat, light peppers and onions with a little bit of mayo added. Comes out fuckin perfect.
Wow, that pro move right there...that little bit of mayo is the vessel that brings together all the flavors...sterkrazzy knows whats up.

Are you going stir crazy yet?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Are you going stir crazy yet?

Only at work because I'm bored af and have nothing to do. I haven't even been going in until about 11, then I sit at my desk and browse the internet until 5 and go home.

I got a couple weeks of vacation time, I'm not sure how I want to use it yet. I could do 4 day weeks for the next 10 weeks or so and use a vacation day every friday, or I might need those 2 weeks if I get sick, or earlier this year I was almost thinking I should take an actual vacation and go somewhere, haven't done that in a long time, so I might need them for that.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Only at work because I'm bored af and have nothing to do. I haven't even been going in until about 11, then I sit at my desk and browse the internet until 5 and go home.

I got a couple weeks of vacation time, I'm not sure how I want to use it yet. I could do 4 day weeks for the next 10 weeks or so and use a vacation day every friday, or I might need those 2 weeks if I get sick, or earlier this year I was almost thinking I should take an actual vacation and go somewhere, haven't done that in a long time, so I might need them for that.

I'd probably use them on actual vacation. Just using them on a Friday is a good exit strategy if you plan on quitting. That's what I did anyway lol