ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Doing my down pipe tonight!!

Reference for those living under rocks

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Happy New Years everyone.

I do live under rock so the reference was great lol.

So I have a stuck nut on the down pipe. I do not own a nut splitter or stud extractor but am willing to purchase one. I am continuing to let it soak in penetrating oil but do any of you have a nut splitter and stud extractor that you have had good success with? I see a few different styles and have never used any of them.

Maybe a cut off wheel would work better? Torch?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

So I have a stuck nut on the down pipe. I do not own a nut splitter or stud extractor but am willing to purchase one. I am continuing to let it soak in penetrating oil but do any of you have a nut splitter and stud extractor that you have had good success with? I see a few different styles and have never used any of them.

You're playing with fire. Which bolt is it? Get a longer wrench for more leverage

GolNat

Autocross Champion
You're playing with fire. Which bolt is it? Get a longer wrench for more leverage

79ED9616-D484-4391-8257-F0EB740580BE.jpeg

I have gotten a good tight fit with my 6 point but it is starting to round the edges.

I don’t have a long 16mm wrench but will certainly run out and get one if it will help.

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Those are purdy!! Yeah I Though I had plenty of tools but apparently not.

I am afraid that if I force the nut off Too much that it will snap the stud. That’s why I was thinking a nut splitter might be good so I can just crack the nut in half. I did get a long ratcheted wrench that I am going to try.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Those are purdy!! Yeah I Though I had plenty of tools but apparently not.

I am afraid that if I force the nut off Too much that it will snap the stud. That’s why I was thinking a nut splitter might be good so I can just crack the nut in half. I did get a long ratcheted wrench that I am going to try.
Lots of pb and crack it with force, I've done a lot of downpipes and never snapped a stud. May the force be with you

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Conflicted with this gen supra, i prefer the previous gen that looks like the porsche
Thank you for the info sir, happy new years bud
Mmmm Popeye's Chicken for Lunch - delicious
Popeyes is awesome , i wont go there for atleast another month or so till sandwich hype stops...long lines still.

Rather have fry the coop mmmh
Happy New Years to you sir.
Thanks ej, ate too much food
You too buddy

Goodluck sir
Happy New Years Bitches!

lots of redneck fireworks going off last night lol
Oh wow uh yeeaaah...

Last edited:

GolNat

Autocross Champion

GolNat

Autocross Champion