GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Seeing this is lawn chat, damn I'm so glad to live in my condo. Every Wednesday a crew comes & does the yard work.
I hate living in a condo at this point. The other day the Landscaping crew came around to fix any divots created during plowing. I called a few hours later to have Property Management come and fix all of the sandy parts where grass doesn't grow because of the damage previously created and they tell me that I need to put in a request. At this point I'd rather do the work myself then it would be out of my pocket.

1ashchuckton

Autocross Champion
I hate living in a condo at this point. The other day the Landscaping crew came around to fix any divots created during plowing. I called a few hours later to have Property Management come and fix all of the sandy parts where grass doesn't grow because of the damage previously created and they tell me that I need to put in a request. At this point I'd rather do the work myself then it would be out of my pocket.

I understand your feelings. At one time I felt the same way. The powers that be are pretty good here. Now at the ripe age of 71 living in a condo is really great.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Impulse bought a milawukee m18 fuel 16inch chainsaw. If it is too annoying, I'm returning and buying a gasser.
Been thinking about getting their hedge trimmer quick lock since I already have the weed wacker. But it's $160 and there's tons of normal weed Wackers on marketplace for under 50. Not sure I'd use it often enough to feel the ROI

clownish

just clowning around
Most of my yard stuff is ryobi because it was cheap and I have a lot of their 40V. But it had terrible reviews so I went with my other battery system - the red stuff. I find battery powered nice after 4-5 years because its almost no maintenance. I have enough things to maintain.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Been thinking about getting their hedge trimmer quick lock since I already have the weed wacker. But it's $160 and there's tons of normal weed Wackers on marketplace for under 50. Not sure I'd use it often enough to feel the ROI

But when you have to deal with gummed up carb, mixing fuel, going to get fuel, noise and other ICE stuff it is very nice to have.

I have a Makita 18V trimmer and should have bought it sooner. I don’t have a small yard but rarely need anything more then one 5AH battery to get it done.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Lawn chat - have you guys ever used a pruning blade on a sawzall to cut down a bunch of overgrown hedges? Trunks are no bigger than 3-4 inches.

I just use a sawzall blade or my chainsaw if it’s big.

Phur

Autocross Champion

Phur

Autocross Champion
I had a gas hedge trimmer it was awful! Heavy and awkward as shit, the exhaust blows right in your face… I got a 40V Kobalt that is just amazing. I ditched the gas powered weed eater at the same time. I’ve had those for at least a couple of years. I just picked up a pole saw a few days ago. All three pieces of equipment use the same battery.
1652480517970.png

These are the hedge trimmers… and they pivot!

Phur

Autocross Champion
Busy working?
It’s been a really crazy week. A ton of good shit and… less than good shit. Overall, not bad, just exhausting. Some quality engineer decided to try to flex and cause me some extra work this morning. He succeeded in causing me extra work, but I definitely put him in his place, while staying calm. I’m good at conveying controlled, quiet anger. I don’t think I will have any more problems with him. The project manager told me afterward that I deserve a medal and that it is the first time that he has seen that guy back down like that.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
It’s been a really crazy week. A ton of good shit and… less than good shit. Overall, not bad, just exhausting. Some quality engineer decided to try to flex and cause me some extra work this morning. He succeeded in causing me extra work, but I definitely put him in his place, while staying calm. I’m good at conveying controlled, quiet anger. I don’t think I will have any more problems with him. The project manager told me afterward that I deserve a medal and that it is the first time that he has seen that guy back down like that.
I had a fun time this afternoon trying to get some QC people to take care of something and watch them pretend like the info they needed was not available. Not only did I show them hat they had had the info all along but that they had missed putting into our database in the first place. Not sure I did so tactfully enough but its friday so who cares