GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
I haven’t tried any of the airpods , but the older apple buds used to bother me after a while. Def a consideration, i didn’t like the sound much on the beats.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Earbuds chat, what you got, recommendations, +/-? I seem to have some dead beats...
I got some plantronics backbeats. They're ok. Dont use earbuds really.

Last edited:

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
No experience with the RCD330 but I will second the Rennline phone mount, it's excellent and worth the cost IMO. Loved the one for my GTI so much I got one for the SportWagen.

I even ordered the wrong one from Rennline and they told me no problem just send us back the wrong one and we will ship out the correct one. They shipped the correct one the next day before I had even shipped the other back. There is a mount for the MK6 Jetta and it says for SportWagen select "soft touch" but under the MK6 Golf/GTI mount it says SportWagen in the title but then says in the description **not for Jetta**. I needed the one for the Golf like I thought but didn't check.
The folks at rennline are great. When I ordered my pedal they didn't include the hardware by mistake. I sent them an email, got a phone call 5 mins later saying they were overnighting me the hardware. When it came there was a bunch of swag and a hand written note apologizing for the mistake. Mistakes happen, it's how they handle em that keeps customers.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
I suppose I never used my MFD in unison with my old head unit. And I still don't, so I'm not actually sure what compatibility you mean? I use my RCD330 completely separately from the MFD. My MFD still has all its pages and functions normally.
Things can get a bit squirrelly with the Polar FIS display in the MFD. That problem might just be me because I also have a P3 vent gauge plugged into OBD2. Whenever the battery is pulled, you have to pull the P3, let the Polar FIS get going, then plug the P3 back in once everything has settled down.

I was just curious if going to the RCD330 would muck around with MFD display (without the Polar FIS or P3). Stuff like not showing music or the nav info pages, etc...

torga

Autocross Champion
Things can get a bit squirrelly with the Polar FIS display in the MFD. That problem might just be me because I also have a P3 vent gauge plugged into OBD2. Whenever the battery is pulled, you have to pull the P3, let the Polar FIS get going, then plug the P3 back in once everything has settled down.

I was just curious if going to the RCD330 would muck around with MFD display (without the Polar FIS or P3). Stuff like not showing music or the nav info pages, etc...
For me, the RCD330 has done absolutely nothing to the MFD, no intrusion whatsoever.

Former Honda Guy

Autocross Newbie
For me, the RCD330 has done absolutely nothing to the MFD, no intrusion whatsoever.
That’s good to know.

I also have the TyrolSport rear hatch brace
I’ve got that bad boy, but I need to get the stage 3 bar at the bottom

EDIT: I was looking at the TyrolSport website and I can’t find the stage 3 upgrade for the mk6. Where did you pick up yours, Dubya?

Last edited:

dustbunny227

Autocross Champion
Lockdown had been a real bitch on my wallet. (This doesn’t include the folding blades and at least one additional K-bar machete.)

The top row is all K-BAR and the bottom row is mostly OKC. There are a couple of Gerber’s in there as well.
View attachment 189246
My guy! You're holding out on me! First pick is almost my whole collection minus a few that I just got. (haven't taken an updated family photo, have 1 more hopefully coming this week) and the second photo are my newest additions minus a couple I got after this photo.

Attachments

• 20200729_214838.jpg
    20200729_214838.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20200621_112618.jpg
    20200621_112618.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 73