GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat19: 10k Posts Achieved In Revived Dead Thread

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I went from a 25-30 minute drive to a 10 minute drive a couple years ago. It's awesome having a commute that short, also like that my mileage went from like 12k a year to 5k a year. Now I have to make it a point to go for drives on the weekend because my work commute isn't long enough to have any fun. Hell, by the time my motor is warmed up I've just about arrived at work/home.

I went from a 5-minute commute to this lol, I used to be in that position. Car would be proper warm just as I was setting the brake in the work lot.

I can only dream of a 20 minute commute

I temporarily had a 35-minute commute for about a month (AirBnB situation while we were moving) and I was ready to slash everyone's tires on the road. It was infuriating lmao

Also now realizing this is a regional thread. Oops

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
W00T almost makes it bearable
It's actually faster (PDK in general- not "sport"). My buddy proved it around Autobahn North in his GTB1 Cayman (w/PDK) after his driver coach did it (Dan Clarke). Leaving it in D he went a solid second faster than using the paddles - which is HUGE when you're already going sub-1:10 there.

Tho "Sport" specific - PDK it shifts quicker, holds gears longer, and takes away the "soft rev limiter" (which allegedly basically pulls power as you near redline when not in Sport mode - though on my Cayman I can't tell a power difference, but it makes the pedal response obnoxious.)
ABCC north looks fun, full track is a lot to take in.

Are you going to be on that racing team again next year as a driver?

Flicking through this thread, some of yalls commute times are exceptionally long. I start to get mildly annoyed after about the 20 minute mark. Tampa, FL here.
Illinois, people dont move from the passing lane.

I went from a 25-30 minute drive to a 10 minute drive a couple years ago. It's awesome having a commute that short, also like that my mileage went from like 12k a year to 5k a year. Now I have to make it a point to go for drives on the weekend because my work commute isn't long enough to have any fun. Hell, by the time my motor is warmed up I've just about arrived at work/home.
Got remote start? warm it up 5 mins before you leave
I went from a 5-minute commute to this lol, I used to be in that position. Car would be proper warm just as I was setting the brake in the work lot.
I temporarily had a 35-minute commute for about a month (AirBnB situation while we were moving) and I was ready to slash everyone's tires on the road. It was infuriating lmao
35 mins is a pretty normal/light commute around here

Its fine, a lot of people not from Illinois on here. Welcome :)(y)

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Flicking through this thread, some of yalls commute times are exceptionally long. I start to get mildly annoyed after about the 20 minute mark. Tampa, FL here.
My commute is 15 minutes from my garage to my desk - 10 minutes on a good day

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion

That's Ok, we accept some non locals.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
*Browns chicken went downhill too. Ive heard good things about Canes, especially the sauce that comes with it. Always thought they were a bone in chicken place till looked at the very small menu.
They're building Canes in Westmont - just did a search on them - they just serve chicken fingers??? So basically Chick Fil A without the homophobia :iono:

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Edit: ej we gotta teach you how to multiquote lol

They're building Canes in Westmont - just did a search on them - they just serve chicken fingers??? So basically Chick Fil A without the homophobia :iono:
Lol wut you talkin bout??

Yep chicken fingers only, weird. Even their sandwich is just chicken fingers on bread

That's Ok, we accept some non locals.

Im accepting of all, should be more open minded iono :)

Welcome kollin

Last edited:

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Edit: ej we gotta teach you how to multiquote lol

Lol wut you talkin bout??

Yep chicken fingers only, weird. Even their sandwich is just chicken fingers on bread

Im accepting of all, should be more open minded iono :)

Welcome kollin
I know how to multi quote - I just choose not to

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Mandatory OT here for the next 3 weeks - 8:30am to 7pm - that's almost a week in boosted hours. LOL

Is that 5 days or 7? After holiday OT money is nice.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
I just ordered my wheels...19x8.5, et 47, 21.3 lbs

https://www.hartmannwheels.com/vw-wheels/wheel/hartmann-hff-003-cg-wheels-for-volkswagen-fitment
1578023101611.png